Xbox 360. Bumpy Start For Some

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
UC3 will be so 1337, tho...
if they make it. I think they will have to make it even tho there will already be 2k7 on 360, cuz 2k7 just isn't the same (no melee weapons, etc, etc).

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
hal said:
It's 6-month old info, but of course BeyondUnreal doesn't ever update their website :(

Mark Rein at E3 stated that UT2007 would be going to both next-gen consoles as well as the PC.

Also the official Xbox magazine lists it
http://www.oxm.co.uk/games/1st_person/unreal_tournament_2007
"UT2007 really comes alive on Xbox Live"

The BIG question is: will PC/PS3/360 be able to compete online against one another? I hope so! Remember when Dreamcast Quake players could play against PC Quake players? That was so cool! But then a future Quake PC patch broke it :(

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I don't doubt that it may eventually come to Xbox360. That's not what I'm saying. I just don't recall anyone ever officially saying that it was. The only thing that has been stated for certain is PC and PS3.

I think what you're remembering stems from the announcement that Midway secured the rights to UC2, and two installments of UT on PC and "next-gen consoles". Lots of websites have speculated from that, but nothing about Xbox 360 has been announced afaik. That's why I asked for the link.

Regarding the OXM list. Taken from their 1 paragraph summary of UT2007 -do you also believe that this is accurate?
Epic's own Unreal Engine 3 means the visuals are unparallelled and the inclusion of new hand-to-hand combat to go alongside the shooting fleshes out the experience even more.

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
hal said:
Regarding the OXM list. Taken from their 1 paragraph summary of UT2007 -do you also believe that this is accurate?
heh I noticed that too. Gawd, if OXM is wrong on this I will kill them all :lol: I did a double-take when I saw the OXM UT2007 page go up in Sept, but then there was Mark Rein's speech at E3. I'm trying to find a link to that somewhere.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Bleeder said:
heh I noticed that too. Gawd, if OXM is wrong on this I will kill them all :lol: I did a double-take when I saw the OXM UT2007 page go up in Sept, but then there was Mark Rein's speech at E3. I'm trying to find a link to that somewhere.

i'd really rather see UC3 (instead of 2k7) on the 360 anyway.
They NEED to continue that series... they did such a great job with UC2.
________
Iolite vaporizer use

Last edited:

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Oh, you are prob referring to the whole Epic/Atari/Legend Entertainment relationship? Yeah, it would seem that everything Atari touches turns to crap. Although, I have to wonder why Midway keeps releasing crappy MK sequels... An Unreal/MK game might be kinda cool...

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well, to be true to my point... UM1:RTNP was published by GT Interactive before it was snapped up by French publisher Infogrames in 1999. Atari has just been a subisidiary of Infogrames since it was purchased in 2003.

KeithZG

will forever be nostalgic
Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
aww, I didn't think RTNP was that bad. Well, okay, it was mainly fun because the extra weapons and the raptors were great to put into custom co-op maps, I won't make any claims beyond that.

However, goddamn was U2XMP great. Though, that's another example of "everything Atari touches turns to crap", since they were like "****, we let that get out? For free? Christ, how do we fix this . . . right, here, I've got it, shut down the entire studio and turn off the master server. Ah! Brilliant! Now everything's back to crap."

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
KeithZG said:
However, goddamn was U2XMP great. Though, that's another example of "everything Atari touches turns to crap", since they were like "****, we let that get out? For free? Christ, how do we fix this . . . right, here, I've got it, shut down the entire studio and turn off the master server. Ah! Brilliant! Now everything's back to crap."
Those are my thoughts exactly :(

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
Hehe, Keith.

And hey, Unreal 2 wasn't that bad...

Well it was bad; but not because it was bad. Understand what I'm saying?

It was just all like "what the hell?!"

See? Totally clearer now.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I reinstalled U2 again the other day to see if it got any better with the passage of time - it hadn't. There are a few good moments - but that's all.

The few Skaarj are pretty fun to fight and the defensive missions are good fun, but the rest of it is just... dull. Being forced to sit through all of the dialogue on the ship drags the game to a halt. The missions are short and uninteresting.

I would do a retro-review for BU, but I'm not sure I could stay awake long enough.