Infiltration could be back.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Because two games is better than one!

On a sidenote, i read that the ProjectReality guys are working on a standalone game. According to their FAQ it should play like Infiltration. They chose some vague free engine though, i hope they switch to UDK, i'm sure it kicks any other free engine's ass.

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Yeah, the BF2 engine messed PR pretty badly (in fact, I think just about anything I don't like about PR is the result of BF2's engine limitations). I hope they don't repeat the same mistake.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
I doubt it requires anything but the UDK.

You can use it with Visual Studio so that's a big plus for me. I guess when summer rolls around I'll start messing with this and learning Unreal Script.

How many people are there left that can actually help develop a new Infiltration?

Well I can actually help develop the characters/ soldier models if we/there are to make/be a new Inf, but I don't want to start anything if there isn't any work going on.

Here is some work I've done, but keep in mind these is just stuff I had some fun with, stuff that I made for myself for training purposes and so on so I didnt spend too much time with them - actually I have some work I made for others, but I can't show you those yet. :p so these will have to do.

Ac2 : Picture (Clothes/Outfit) 4684 Polygons ( 3 1024x1024 texture maps - 6 if you count the Normal maps - - insane but still less (if 3) then a 2048x2048 texture map...but still. )

Duke Nukem (latest) Picture (Full Model) uses 3 texture maps 512x1024, 512x512, 256x256

Modelling Guns is really boring now , but I guess I can do that too ( if I have to)

If any of you wankers play Oblivion on Pc , you can try out the Ac2 stuff Here

Last edited:

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
theRoadStroker,

Wow, your work looks great! You're far too modest, which makes me like your work all the more.

Have you thought about making higher poly sets of new INF avatar/bot meshes/skins for us to use? (*hint-hint*)

--------------------------

I've been tempted to reinstall INF in the past, but it sounds like there's an "ultimate" edition soon(?) to be posted up for download, so I'll wait till then.

I haven't checked my external hard drive in ages, but if my memory serves me correctly, I had 8+ GB of INF stuff on there. To comb through all of that to try and figure out which beloved maps/muts I used to have installed before my old HD died on me...

I'd rather just wait for an updated download.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
lol Kyle

Well Im glad someone liked it :D

And Im actually ahead of ya :p I couldn't help myself so I started a few weeks ago making base models for player models :D

Here is a preview pic of the work , don't mind the notes thou :p

And if someone is interested ... I released my Duke Nukem on Fallout3 so if anyone wants to try it - you can find it here

EDIT: Actually Finding good reference pictures of IE: Vests and equipment is a rather pain , I have some but neither is "good" , so if anyone wants to help out, then you can link/send/mail/pm me some good reference material if you come across one.

Last edited:

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
theRoadStroker,

Well, I see that someone has been peeking into my windows. Your likeness of my body is uncannily accurate! I'm flattered!

But I want it as a matter of record, that my wife married me for my brain, and not my brawn. That's what she tells me anyway, not that I wholly believe her.

Awesome work. :notworthy::notworthy:

Now, seriously, you're not really planning on releasing that for INF on the original UT engine, right? It's hard for me to imagine that the original engine can even handle one bot running around on the screen with that many polys. I am correct on this, yes?

Don't get me wrong, if it's doable, then please go right ahead and do it.

And lucky for you, I won't even consider charging you a fee for using my physique without my permission.
;)

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
lol kyle damn you got me =/ ... oh well tell your wife that she is the lucky one and not the other way around!

Oh what a sweetheart you are, :D I am on a tight ;) budget so not charging me is just dandy :D

lol that is not the "game mesh" - this is the high res model that will be used for proportions and Normal/bump maps
(a texture map that fakes a high res model by using a special color palette to mimic shadows cast from a high res model -which is the best thing that has happened since pie :D and is supported by UT3)
that model is around 900 000 polys and UT3 can handle about 1 million polys in a single scene - so what would just be murder on the engine to put it in there :D
The Game mesh which you build over the high res model are going to be under 10 000 polys.

Still that model is just a base for creating clothing and gear, the only thing I end up using is the arms hands and neck/head from it.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
@ Road Stroker - Dam! Can hardly wait to see your female models!

You guys should come over and help mod Crysis Wars. The wiki is starting to get pretty good now. A lot of information has flowed into it. I know there was one party on the CryMod forums talking about making some reality mod. INF with the CryEngine 2 would be awesome. Not so sure about CryEngine 3, which is about 6 months from release. So far, I think it is just going to be a gutted XBox version of 2.

Some Infiltration maps for Crysis Wars would be good also.

As for Blackfoot Studios, I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Is there something playable yet Logan? I might get Crysis if it's any good. It'll help me pass time ... and forget the pain and damage to my soul begotten from playing BF:BC2. Goddamn that game should be moddable. EA die in a fire.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
No, unfortunately not. They look like they have just begun. Here's the link:

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=62286&sid=f3da0dc5ebb7ff2127461f9272579b16

But even with the nanosuit, Crysis Wars is pretty good. Its hard not to get frustrated sometimes, cause some people are really good at Wars and you end up getting slaughtered. :lol: The only real thing I don't like in game are the VTOLs, which were badly done. They're basically M1 Super Tanks on jets that float around near silently and kill everyone. Beware of them. Total noob weapon. I try never to touch them. The helicopters are decent though.
It really shouldn't take much to change this game. All we really need is to make some new skins without the nanosuit. And these guys in the reality mod seem to have them already. Then just tweak the weapons already in game, and make few more. Next adjust damage for the character and make some new Lvl2, Lvl3 armored vests, helmets. etc.

We could use some good mappers too. I would love to see maps like Chemical Threat in Crysis.
But you can also have maps of desert, brush, and forests. Battleground is an interesting one. It is a big map of tundra, brush and low forest cut through the middle with a really big span bridge.

I would say this game is about halfway to INF, it just needs a lot of work. It takes place in 2030, so its not like its total sci-fi, just very near future.

We just really need some good programmers to take a shot at it. You can program in this game in C++, LUA, and FlowGraph. Models can come from any 3D program like 3DS or Maya. Using Maya, you can even pull models out of the game. And the Wiki is finally starting to fill out with code and ideas. After two years, I think this game is finally starting to come of age, and ready to mod.

With the right programmers, artists, and mod leaders, Crysis could be a vast new infiltration mod.

As for BFBC2, that was nothing but a console port. It had some interesting levels like the sub pen, but everything is much better in Crysis. You feel more like your there. Unfortunately, it looks like Crytek has decided to go to consoles in Crysis 2, and it looks like Crysis 2 will be nothing more than a console port itself. You can tell it was made for kids because you play as Superman and the enemies just sit around and wait to be killed. Not worth buying. Well have to wait and see what its mod capabilities are.

Last edited:

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
I think its called "Reality". Looks like they're going for a modern Call of Duty. What we really need is people like Geo and Yurch to get interested in modding for Crysis Wars. Hint Hint! :D

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
..people like Geo and Yurch..

Where are they now anyway? I was wondering, seeing that this sort of gaming was their passion, you'd exepct them to be near to most real/sim shooters. I've never seen Yurch anywhere again since these forums, years ago. Geo, i know he's around but haven't seen or heard from him for ages too.

Maybe they just outgrew the genre?

Real life can be busy but still, you always make -some- time for stuff you're passionate about, right?

All i know is it's going to take a helluva lot more than some PM's from us guys to get people coding again. They'll probably won't do it.

At least GB will start public beta testing in half a year or so.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Well, Crysis 2 is supposed to be shown at E3 which is on Monday. Maybe some people will get interested in modding it.

I was pretty much against the change, but they are promising like double the FPS of Crysis 1, which would be a pretty big deal. Crysis 1 is really hard on a computer, even the with the highest end video cards. Hopefully, we can get someone to tell us what components the machine was running and what is the FPS they were getting at the demo.

Also, MyCrysis.com is down for now, while they are redoing it, and they are saying that a Crysis 2 MP beta is in the works.

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I bought Crysis + Warhead and Wars. Having played it i must say, and agree, that an Inf-like mod would work great on Cryengine. I also gifted the games to some friends who like infantry / realism shooters. Now all i need is an inf-like mod we can play.

Logan, when you find something good, and playable, give me a shout here.

Crysis runs very good btw. Nice gameplay. It pays off when played sneaky instead of ramboing, huge maps, AI is ok, ambience is great, sound is pretty great too. 3D audio and long distance. I'll definitely get Crysis 2 when it's out.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Well, if you try MP, Wars is probably the best. Its not INF, but still good. The cheaters managed to make some hacks for it, but a lot of them have been blocked by community programmers.

Last edited:

STELLAR 7

Why the urge to improve yourself?
Nov 17, 2005
I wouldn't say it would be the death of the Unreal engine--Sweeney (and Carmack for that matter) always has something lined up for the next generation.

What happened with CryTek's free engine offer?

Last edited by a moderator:

2_SeeK_U

uni.... meh...
I'd like to help programming something in UDK. I'm a .NET dev so it shouldn't be too much out of my daily job...

I'm very disapointed that l haven't found anything like Infiltration for HL, UT2K4 or UT3. I just want realistic movements (no running and gunning), maps, health system and weapons.