[Game] AudioSurf

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[xF]PR3D470R

My Vengeance Is Everlasting
Jan 20, 2004
KC
Well you all have intrigued me enough (and after watching many videos) I think I am going to invest when I get off work today :)

Not that anybody needs a review to decide but 1UP gave it an A rating.
Source

EDIT: So this game is amazing :)

Last edited by a moderator:

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I picked it up a few days ago, great little time killer. The most insane track I've played so far is "Thousand" by Moby with Ninja Mono. I frapped it and am going to upload it somewhere tonight.

[xF]PR3D470R

My Vengeance Is Everlasting
Jan 20, 2004
KC
I'm officially addicted to this game. I average about an hour or more a day. Currently I really enjoy playing tracks by the Sound of Animals Fighting (great band).

dub

Feb 12, 2002
AudioSurf - Steam's Top Seller for Feb.

Topping sales of even The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4, Frontlines, and many more big-budget titles, the solo-produced $9.95 AudioSurf, the game that lets you "ride your music," was the top Steam seller for the month of February in both units and dollars.

The critics are calling Audiosurf one of the most innovative music games ever released. Sales of the title and the buzz across the Steam Community pages support those claims," said Jason Holtman, director of business development at Valve. "This kind of runaway success for an independent title is a tribute to Dylan's work and millions of informed gamers connecting via Steam each week.
[source]

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I ran out of demo plays and none of the songs I picked worked very well. Even Infected Mushroom was mostly full of fail with this game. :/

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
As far as I know it's almost one guy. Named Dylan. And I'm sure he made a lot according to the fact that AudioSurf went top seller on Steam.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Indeed, it was all Dylan... even down to server maintenance. Not sure how it is now with the game being very popular and with bug squashing and all and with the new tasks he has to accomplish, but the bulk of the game and all surrounding it was initially all made by Dylan.

The game has me pretty addicted. It's the dethroned E-mails that do it for me.
If the song is one I "care" about and I get the dethroned E-mail then I will try and get my top spot back :D

Some interesting links for all you Audio Surfers:

Audiosurf tools
:
Let's you make sigs with Audio Surf scoreboards.
sigscor

or userbar style:
sigsbar

The other, is a site to check up on your scores without entering the game itself.
Audio Surf Stats.com

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I thought this was a pretty good video interview with Dylan about Audio Surf.

Has an interesting section towards the end where the interviewer asks if Dylan also believes that the PC as a gaming platform is dying like Cliffy B. said. Needless to say that he doesn't agree :D

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
I didn't really like the demo much. I didn't quite "get" it. Probably because I wasn't paying much attention to the tutorial. :D

Is it really worth buying on the basis that I might get into it more after a few plays?

Btw I'm only really into dnb and other EDM so you can **** off with expecting me to play to rock music. :)

Last edited: