After UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Hi, everyone.

UT was the last series I invested time in. The mapping and modding community was incredible. As the series ages, have you found anything worthy of succeeding it? Is there any life left in the old games?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Seconding Tribes: Ascend, it's really the only modern game out there which has a UT vibe to it.

It's unlikely, but they might release modding/mapping tools for it eventually. One can hope.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
I played quite a bit of Quake Live a while back to get my DM/CTF fix.
About the only thing for me that comes close to that UT vibe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I have more or less given up on multiplayer gaming, except for DayZ.

I've been checking out this mod, and came up with this guy's impression:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOB7YGgREFg[/m]

Looks intense. An immense world you get to explore. The zombies go down quickly, but like you said before they're hardly the biggest threat. This guy says that average lifespan for your character is about 4 hours. Any idea how many avatars you've gone true?

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
As a Arma im pleased that it finally is getting the attention it deserves. Hopefully plenty of people of it will stick around and play normal arma too.

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal