Is Having 2 "primary" type weapons cheap??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is having 2 "Primary" type weapons cheap?

• YES!!! I hate all you cheaters

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • NO!!! thats why the guns a have straps

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, but I'm gonna milk it till they fix it

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
The benelli is too large to be used as a back up weapon. Its too large to be in a sheath and it is definately a primary weapon. If you want a shotgun as a back up weapon, I advise you wait for the sawn off remmington, which will suit the job nicely.

Hypenotist

Catharsis hypothesis
Mar 15, 2001
With the new FN-P90 I'll probably only carry one gun period, and some hand grenades.

Trak

Rampant Suicide Machine
Mar 19, 2001
Nashville
www.uglymachine.com
Geez

1)I didn't specify a particular ( I assumed the choice would be obvious ) shotty and IRL benelli's can be modified with a pistol grip making it shorter. 2) The only loadout I have that fits into this discussion is my sniper loadout, it has a Robar and an MP 5, which will be the MP5 PDW when it is implemented. The MP 5 in my sniper loadout has no suppressor, no aimpoint and only 2 mags. There are no grenades, DE, M16's or anything rediculous like that. I am against that sort of thing myself. The only other loadout that I use has only an MP 5 and a berreta.

Last night while online someone boasted that they carried a benelli, an M16, a Robar and a DE. That is really pushing it. I am sure the M16 prolly had a M203. This is the sort of thing that should be fixed in the bulk rating. Heck if someone wanted to carry a benelli and a Robar, I don't think that would be too overboard. It's not something that I would do but I don't think that is stretching everyones precious reality too far.

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
As has been stated in this thread several times, the revised bulk system in 2.86 should fix these problems. It's likely that anything more than 30 bulk will severely diminish mobility. So players who still wish to use more than a primary weapon, secondary weapon, and some grenades will still be able to do so, but at a snails pace. :D

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
I've seen someone with a scoped M16 with m203, sig, shotgun, drummed ak and silenced mp5 with aimpoint all being carried around at once.
:eek2:

Murphy

Have beer, will travel.
Jan 9, 2001
I recently revised and pared down my list of loadouts to (4), two of which come into this greay area.

CQB: I have both the M3 Benelli and a supressed MP5; however, I do not play this with the other main weapon on QA nor do I routinely switch between the two mid-round. Generally speaking, I see this asa shotgun-oriented loadout with the MP5 standing in for the PDW version, or the MP%-oriented with the M3 as a Remington stand-in.
It is just a little more convienient to have both options in one loadout, that I can modify on the fly by dropping one or the other weapon as rounds begin.

Sniper: I have a Robar and an MP5, where the MP5 is definitely standing in for the PDW version until that becomes available.

I don't really think that either of these set-ups are particularly "cheap", and to those that do, well that's too damn bad. I don't care for the excessive use of m203's on most servers, or prone-flapping for that matter, and yet it's just too damn bad for me on both counts.

Col.Sanders

Oct 12, 2000
I'm assuming if the new 870 is a 4+1 model, then it's a 12.1" barrel. The 18" version is 6+1, and the 20" is 7+1.
The Benelli M1 is available in an "Entry Gun" format, with a 14" barrel and a 5+1 capacity; however, the Benelli can't accept a folding stock or use a pistol-grip-only stock. The operating spring is in the buttstock, like the M-16. The new M4 benelli has a telescoping stock (like the M4 Carbine) but it doesn't look very compact.

I think that we should let the bulk system work this all out, without begging the team for restrictions to one "primary" weapon.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
well I think it's a BAD idea giving people the ability to use these "tactcs" untill they are properly modeled.

IMO they should restrict us to 1 primary 1 secondary untill they have the bulk and loadout systems worked out properly.

Tommy Atkins

Older, but no wiser
Mar 17, 2001
UK
Originally posted by The_Fur

IMO they should restrict us to 1 primary 1 secondary untill they have the bulk and loadout systems worked out properly.

Thought that goes against one of the main ideas of Inf- you play with whatever weapons you want, however you want.

Next version= improved bulk system, as about five hundred other people have pointed out.

One thing though. I believe that some the MUF servers (apologies if it's someone else's) have started to use the 'drop all weapons and ammo' feature/mutator/whatever. It's quite heartening to cut someone down with a Sig using iron sights, go nearer to check the body and find that they've dropped a Benelli, an M16 + trimmings, a Robar, an MP5 + trimmings and a full load of ammo for all of them. Well, it cheers me up anyways :)

Now all we need to see is someone starting to use the volatile ammo thingie (does it work online BTW?) along with the drop everything wotsit, and NO-ONE will want to team up with the fat kid carrying all the guns.

Oh God. Looks like I've written another pointless epic...

Murphy

Have beer, will travel.
Jan 9, 2001
Tommy: I think some servers are using volatile ammo, as I have seen some spectacular explosions near piles of corpses, and I only play online. Of course, if you are talking about clips and the like being extra-punchy, well that could be a whole new interesting can o' worms. Though I thought v2.85.5 was getting rid of dropped weapons between rounds, which may mitigate the damage of what you suggest a wee bit.

Shmoo

Shotgun Packin' Shmoo's
Apr 2, 2001
Western WA
Visit site
Exploding Ammo

I know the SK servers have that..I usually only carry a shotty and a DE. On the SK servers I have to watch myself because I have a heavy trigger finger and double fire too much. The person dies on the first shot, drops their ammo and the second shot blows up his frag gernades killing me and any one close. I have been the innocent bystander on this also. Just covering my point man and his second shot sets off a frag gernade and then all goes black..... One thing it does help me keep my trigger finger from being too heavy.

Col.Sanders

Oct 12, 2000
About the exploding ammo option--

we played with that in 2.75 (ah, sweet memories) and found it hurt gameplay. If only grenades would explode, that would be fun, but teaming Drop All Weapons with Exploding Ammo meant that a deadguy would die in a shower of items, slow down the game, and then the whole room would be obliterated while everyone was lagging out.

If it's just grenades, then maybe that's our answer to the M203 problem-- IRL, i wouldn't carry one so I don't explode when I trip.

Tommy Atkins

Older, but no wiser
Mar 17, 2001
UK
Originally posted by Col.Sanders
About the exploding ammo option--

If it's just grenades, then maybe that's our answer to the M203 problem-- IRL, i wouldn't carry one so I don't explode when I trip.

Bloody hell! Good Call!

/me prays to the Inf weapons gods- please reveal to us just how unstable (or not) 40mm explosive rounds are IRL...

Now, I know about arming distances, but is an UNARMED 40mm round unstable enough to explode if a round catches it on its bandolier, or does the primer do something clever? If so, would Beppo (bow down at his name) be able to implement a random explosion incident if a grenadeer takes a round to the body?

/me dreams on...

Last edited:

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
I'm afaraid HE doesn't just explode no matter how bad you treat it, c4 for instance you can jump on it, punch it shoot it it won't do anything unless you use a electric detonator.

skwashdem

May 18, 2001
USA
Visit site
C4

Hmm, jumping up and down on C4, sounds like fun...

I'd rather use C4 than M67 frag nades anyway. And for two reasons:
1) C4 can have a timer that's longer than the 3-5 second fuses on an M67. Just set the timer for 60 seconds, and you can set one hell of an ambush.
2) You can control how big the explosion is by using variable amounts of C4.

Of course, C4 costs a hell of a lot more than M67 nades.

Timed explosives are much better anyway, ambushes are wonderful things when the explosives go off when the poor suckers walk right by their teammates corpse that you strapped C4 to and set the timer for 30 seconds. (=