Another map wish-list topic where you should post

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
CTF-Sand Hazard

I want someone to make a map in a desert, with the standard two fort design, except the forts are very low and the flag is visible from the other base with the sniper rifle. Don't get me wrong, the map should be huge, but the forts shouldn't be tall, like that cool stronghold willhaven map.

Ok, here's the gimmick: there is a small valley between the forts; more of a dip, not a valley. In this valley should be spawning points for skaarj! There should be skaarj lords between the forts, and you have to get through them to get the flag back, or to get to the enemy's base. There shouldn't be any high sniper points, so it isn't TOO difficult to retrieve the flag. The skaarj should be free to move around as they wish. And there should be jumpboots easily availabe, so traversing skaarj territory wont be too hard if you do it right. REMEMBER: the bases should have low, aztec style walls and you should be able to enter them from the front by jumping over a small curb-high wall.
And the skaarj should be at a constant number. If you kill one, another should respawn, but it should have to walk a while to get to the main valley. Or maybe a respawn delay, if that's possible. Five people per team would be good, with a 6 cap limit. NO HIGH POINTS!

Another map idea:
DOM-Forts
Well, now that I thought about that stronghold willhaven map...
Three forts, just like those, but with a domination point inside instead of a flag. they should be connected JUST the same way, but in a triangle. There should be two ways to each of the other forts from any fort.

Of course, you would need minimum 12-16 players, but it would be great. A lot more strategy than just kill the one defender and cap the point.

The forts should have another opening too, I guess.

I have another idea, but I can't think of it now. I'll post it here later.

BTW: Someone make a plugin player model!!!

:p

------------------
Ask the carney folk to get it, they're great climbers!

DM-stinky?
A map with the same smoke effect as dm-fetid, but with really high cielings (like dm-pressure) and narrow corridors, but no way to get to the cieling ( no cheesy ramps) Maybe a couple of larger rooms. I don't know...

bullet2.gif

Heh, I wish I could map, but I can't.

Well, I think after reading some tutorials and create a cube with no textures, spawn points or weapons. I don't want to though, I would just intimidate the other mappers, and no maps would be made. :p

AS-Hackers

The attacking team starts out in a cd-jewel case, and there is a computer tower where the defending team is. The attackers have to blow up the sound card or something to gain access to the inside of the computer. Once inside, the objectives needed to complete the mission is to destroy the hard disk, RAM, the processor and the video card.

There should be a remake of the best of the quake2 deathmatch maps. Q2DM*
The Edge, of course, and Tokays Towers.

A Tokay's towers, except with three towers and MUCH bigger.

Maybe a huge cubic lattice, bigger than hall of giants, with jumpmatch and low-grav.

The acropolis

The red square

hm...

bullet2.gif

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
Cool topic, been wanting to say some of this stuff.

As-Prison(or something)- The offense starts out in these open jail cells and have to get out. The defenders would be the guards and they get these catwalks(like in the movies)that only they can get into

As-Nam A map based on Vietnam, with a base that has bunkers all around it, and the offense comes out of the Jungle.

DM-Hollywood Hollocaust Ok, just a remap of that ancient, old Duke 3D map, I just kinda like it /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

MiscMan

johnnyG

Jan 1, 2000
Visit site
No there needs to be a map where suicide is inevitable. Come on! Theres nothing funnier than seeing someone fly off a cliff to their death or something. Maybe a DM map with tall pillars all over the place for you to walk on and if you fall, you fall a good 200 yards into a pit of lava. Having low gravity would make it fun too.

DM-Shhhh!
The map is a big old library, with a cathedral shape on the outside (or maybe a dome, whichever) and on the inside, it kind of looks like DM-Gothic, darkened rooms, and archways. Like in the library in "The Last Crusade, there should be spiral staircases to get to the second and third floors. The bookshelves clse together, but there are small open spaces like reading areas, or the entrance, and study areas. It should be old though, like renaissance age. So no computer lab or electronics.

Hmm... maybe a museum too. With dinosaur bones and everything. There could be a second floor in the form of wall hugging floor with an opening in the middle to look down and railing. Just like a real museum.

A Mall, with two or three floors, staircases, and escalators (like in conveyor?) and a lot of stores. Big glass cieling, maybe?

bullet2.gif

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I like the mall idea, Donkya.

How about ASCarmack - you storm the office building of a um...oh...a software company and steal the cd-key from the workstation and destroy the master server so that all those angry Quakers have a working copy of their favorite game. /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

DM-Ticktock
I don't know how many others watch Batman cartoons, but I do.
icon14.gif

Well, there is this episode with this guy who is obsessed about time, and in the end, they fight in a huge clock tower. Well, that's the idea: a deathmatch inside a giant clock tower! With huge, rotating gears, small maintainence catwalks, with twirling horizontal gears (i'm imagining the color being the same as the flak cannon), and rotating cylindrical gears. You should be able to walk outside to get the redeemer or damage amp or something, and be able to fall to your death. Like a small door in the face of the clack that a small catwalk leads to from the inside. When you open the little door on the face of the clock(form the inside) you are faced with a tiny ledge that leads to some special thing (shield belt, etc.) Don't try to model the innards after a real clock, just put gears and crap everywhere. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

that could look pretty cool.

bullet2.gif

Kenny

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
CTF-FUBAR
This map is very small, and would have some nice archetecture consisting teleports, stairs, and columns. It would be either one large room or two medium sized rooms. Reason why so small? You could walk on the walls. (grabbing the SiN reference here? /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif) Well, you're actually what on the floor to your perspective but you can walk through a teleport and you wind up on another wall. Can be stressful for fighting since you have to look at all the walls and ceiling to look for enemies walking around. Although this map wouldn't happen anyway because I've heard it's hard to make.

AS-Switch
The defense team has taken hold over a huge hotel. But this hotel isn't ordinary, it's filled with traps that can be activated. Some traps can be collapsing floors, where buttons can be located on nearby. These floors can bring the player to his doom, either by lava or from a high story where the player slides down the collapsed floor and out the building and falls to his death. The collapsing floors can also just send the player into the sewer below which he would have to find his way out and back outside the hotel. Elevators can fall and sink into a pool of slime or water, trapping the victim for enough time needed to kill the victim. Sensitive floor tiles that if a player stands over it for a short period of time a laser, or something deadly, will activate and kill the player if he's standing over that tile.
Objectives:
1. Get beyond the hotel lobby. In here are located several traps, deadly or not, and there can be quite a challenge getting through.
2. Shut down the computer console located on the eighth floor (top floor). This computer controls the turrets and computer controlled traps. There will be problems getting to the room, because the only entrance that leads to the room containing the computer is in a large room with many turrets and computer controlled traps. There are many doors leading in to this room, as well as the glass ceiling above the large room that can be reached by the stairway. Once this computer is shut down only traps that use buttons can be activated.
3. Destroy secondary generator. This controls the elevators, traps, and force shield keeping the primary generator safe. If some traps are activated, such as the collapsing floors, they will stay open, leaving more hazards. Elevators won't move, so that means everyone will have to take the stairs. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif The room where the secondary generator is located will have computer controlled traps, but that won't be a problem if Objective 2 is completed.
4. Destroy primary generator. Get in there and blow up the generator. The generator is found in the basement, which has traps that are controlled by the primary generator. The darkness is another factor that adds to the problem where sometimes it is hard to see anyone. One Objective 4 is destroyed, it's lights out and the attackers win.

ThrasherX9

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
CTF-Titanic
NOW i think that would be cool, one team would be on one side of the ship, and the other team, on the other side. The ship would be in water,(of course) and you would see glaciers go by, and you could go down into the ball room and ect... it would be very big, but very cool if done right.

DM-Treetop
it would be a DM lvl in a treehouse like fort, when if you fall, obvisouly you die, that i think would be cool too. Anyone who's played Everquest and been in the treetop village(i forgot what its called) you'll know what i mean.

bullet2.gif

Time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum, and im all out of gum.-Duke Nukem

Mr Z

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
Actually the ship thing is pretty cool but how about two ships as if they were in a battle. It would have the whole battle at sea theme where you would board the enemy ship and take their flag.

ThrasherX9

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
hey! you know what Mr. Z, thats a great idea, huh, i like that. /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

bullet2.gif

Yeah, that ship idea is cool! With some kind of planks connecting the two and maybe some teleporters...

Or you could do three ships and make a domination map.

-A haunted house.

-Come on!! The Edge!! somebody remake that!

-A short morpheus, where if you fall off, you land on the ground. There might be a stairway to get back up or the continuation of a parking garage...

-A map with a japanese...um... I can't think of what they are called. Those huts with the concave curved peaked roofs...

-A roman arcade

-The louvre, with paintings, and the glass pyramids outside.

-One of those fitness centers, there is one in our town with a huge clock on the front and inside, with bright blue and red paint everywhere on basic shapes. A track, swimming pools, basketball courts, tennis courts, raquetball, pool, weights, diving boards, bowling, etc...
It should be atleast 2 floors.

bullet2.gif

Evil_Gal

2 time lucky
Dec 19, 1999
Room
Visit site
I bitch as much as I make maps, but like my bitching, my maps end up as non-sense. Anyway, my maps never work out because of my insane innovations:

DM-FastMoving_StandOff

A 1-on-1 map where each player starts on top of a platform. Think of a roller coaster with 2 different rollers going in the opposite direction passing each other by at specific locations. The idea is to frag the other player each time you meet each other.

DOM-MyLittleNeighbourhood
Your average suburban neighborhood minus the screaming kids and guys on rollerblades. Several houses, tree houses, back lanes and a small sewage system. About 8 areas with the 'X' and there's plenty of mexicanstandoff action as bullets are limited and weapons are located within the houses and not near the 'X's. Best played on a dedicated with 32 players.

As-TheWorldIsNotEnough
Ala James Bond-
Take that submarine from CTF-November, magnify its size a few times and create the insides of the sub. Now Red player has to travel from the top of the sub down to the place where they keep the nuclear stuff. The aim is to disable the nuclear devices while Blue player defends. If the nuclear device is shot, it explodes and a new objective, which is to GET THE HELL OUT OF THE SUB. In this scenario, the Red and Blue team must escape the sub. Last one out loses.

~*DM-EvilGal*~

NarkyBark

Nov 25, 1999
Boston, MA, USA
www.clock.org
A lot of these ideas have been done for the original Unreal...

Kenny, I did the walk-on-walls thing with my old Unreal map DmTheMatrix. You could walk on any wall, and stop projectiles in their tracks, among other things. The map was... well, it was a bit too far out to be a successful map, due to engine limitations and the jerkiness that occurs from switching to different "viewpoints". if you have Unreal, try it and see...

bullet2.gif

Maps: http://www.clock.org/~psarris/levels

Sadly, the heavens have opened, and I'm alone, Sweet Charity...

ThrasherX9

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
hey narkybarky, where can i get the map, will it work on UT? i woudlnt mind giving it a try sounds pretty cool.

bullet2.gif