Better INF Bot Customization

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I'd like to see better bot customization for Infiltration. If possible, the ability to select favorite weapons from the INF weapons list (as opposed to the default UT list), selecting loadouts on a per-bot basis, and even select specific bots for the teams (like a roster, where you can pick the best men for the mission, or the best to fight against).

INF is a team based game, so why not extend that to the bot matches, by allowing features like this. Especially with 2.80 not having online code.

It's a great mod though, I play it all the time.

Hannibal

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
well

choosing what bots to play with is possible. Just deselect randomize bots, or whatever it's called(in the bots menu). Then configure the bots however you want. Sure it's a pain, but if you really want to customize your botmatch, that's the way to do it.
I too would like to choose their weapons, but the Inf team has apparently already set it up so there is a good balance of weapon setups on each team.

Styx_Surfer

Pictor Habilis
Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
www.styxgraphics.com
I REALLY wish there was a more convinient way to set up botteams.. something for 2.8x perhaps?

Handsome Boy Modeling School Graduate
styxanim2.gif

My homepage

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I just think it would be cool to actually be able to set loadouts for each bot individually if you want. Sometimes, I'd like 3 of my 6 man team with PSG1s so they can cover me from the hills (or have the entire enemy team with PSG1s sniping at me). I think balancing the teams if cool, but there are times like this that it would make things interesting.

And as for the team setup, I realize that I can do it manually with the current UT options, but it makes things difficult if I ever want to change things (like the number of players per team). If there was a way to select the bots at game time, that'd make things better (in my opinion).

One thing that I think should be addressed though, is the selecting of favorite weapons for bots, as currently it is quite a nuissance to set weapon preferences with the menus listing the original UT weapons instead of the INF weapons.

MrTicky

Nov 13, 1999
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
At least make a team loadout screen, I only wished I could have a US/Russian War...

American:
5 Frag Grenades
Knife
Beretta M9
Colt M16A2 (No Attachments)

Russian:
5 Frag Grenades
Knife
DE .50 Cal
Krinkov (Norm Mag)