The game you'd most like to see made into a movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bSVAercDxc[/m]

It has Robert Patrick and Kate Vernon. It's perfectly cheesy.

Last edited:

gitrmanuk

Sound Dude
Mar 11, 2011
UK
sites.google.com
Half-Life

Duke Nukem

Borderlands

Obviously a complete script & storyline would have to be fabricated for any of them as simply using the game storyline just wouldn't work (though that wouldn't stop Uwe Boll :D ).

As long as the afore-mentioned wannabe director has nothing to do with it any of them could possibly work as movies.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
...Left 4 Dead....
I thought that was already a movie (Zombieland) and a series (Walking Dead). :)

Seriously, after the mangling that Max Payne got during the "movie treatment"; and the very un-doom like Doom film I don't really have much faith in movies based on games.

In principle they should work well; in practice they always manage to screw them up completely.

So far I think my favourite game-movie cross over are the Tomb Raider films; but I'm not a fan of the games so that almost certainly gives me an advantage.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Seriously?:eek: It took 17 posts before someone said Unreal Tournament?

Can it really be made into a movie though? The storyline IS a bit lacking.

It just needs a little creative liberty. For the last five years I have been slowly writing a novel based on Unreal Tournament, but from a different perspective. It takes place in a setting where most of the Tournament contenders were forced to fight against their will and the respawner technology caused neat things like cancer and sickness that would kill them off after repeated respawns. Imagine if Liandri Corporation was Nazi Germany and you have a pretty good idea of how most of the contenders were treated.

In any case, Liandri's ruins are just the backstory; the novel itself takes place about a decade after the contenders have risen up and overthrown the Tournament hierarchy. The story focuses on a group of Tournament survivors who were known as the greatest warriors humanity had to offer, and their struggle to defeat an unknown alien force that suddenly appeared, declared War on humanity, and glassed Earth. Of course, there is much more going on behind the scenes that tie everything together, but I'm not going to spoil that for you :D

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Fallout 1 with THE MASTER

also the idea written in the post above is something I always thought it was cool after seeing UT2k4, UT3 and UC2.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
As with books, I don't see why any narrative work "needs" or "deserves" to be recreated in film, as though in a medium other than film it is inferior. There is little gained from the transition of a book to a film (indeed, much is lost), and there is even less gained from the transition of a game to film. Why can't we enjoy the works in the form where they are best?

Because money.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
And as this thread goes on a Phoenix OBJECTION Wright movie is going to be released between 2012-2013

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Carmageddon...
Hire all the irritating actors/actresses...
Lure them into a huge city set...
Get out and close all exits...
Lights, camera...

action.... :D

Last edited: