Breaking Bad

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Yeah Gus is getting one hell of a revenge on Hector. Hector took away his "brother" which effectively crippled Gus's meth operation. That is until Gus found the missing element - Walter - and took over the US meth market. A big F-U to both Hector and the cartel.

The big question I have is WHO IS GUS? What was his role in Chile? He has become "the most interesting man in the world" in the span of one episode.

Last edited:

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
That 10 minute flashback completely realizes the character. He no longer forms emotional bonds with people. He shows no emotion at all and uses people as chess pieces. He has ties to Pinochet.

Brilliant.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I started watching this again from season 1. One and two, it's even better the second time; notice more. Every small detail has deliberate meaning in it.

Pretty cool.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I really hate that they pulled the silent f*ck trick again.

Once again I don't understand it. They show the most brutal throat slicing and headshots but saying f*ck is off limits. Yet saying sh*t is fine. Are the sponsors really gonna drop AMC because of one f*ck?? PG-13 movies have this allowance, so why doesn't AMC? Ugghh!!

Great episode though.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Yeah, I honestly didn't see that coming at all, especially after Gus took a shot. I was just like, "okay, I guess they will have to figure something out". When Gus started doing that little ritual in the bathroom I was like, "wtf?" :lol:

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
He took those pills right before, too. He is pretty awesome. Shit is beginning to hit the fan.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
No doubt. Gus and Mike are the good guys now. The way this show turns protagonists into antagonists, and then rotates them back again, is unlike anything i've ever seen or read. It is brilliant.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
No doubt. Gus and Mike are the good guys now. The way this show turns protagonists into antagonists, and then rotates them back again, is unlike anything i've ever seen or read. It is brilliant.

I haven't seen anything like that in this show. :con:

Basically everyone is still in the same position but paranoia is eating away at Walter causing him to get himself into deeper and deeper shit.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
I haven't seen anything like that in this show. :con:

Basically everyone is still in the same position but paranoia is eating away at Walter causing him to get himself into deeper and deeper shit.

Really? Walt was a solid high school teacher. Then he murdered two guys in episode 2. It was done in such a way that we, as viewers, could relate. He was under duress!

Takes Jesse under his wing as a father figure.

Not long after that (show time) he watches Jane. He'd be tried for manslaughter if anyone found out about that. Yeah, i guess she deserved it. i guess.

Gets Jesse in a rehab facility.

Then, in season 3, he kills 2 more guys. He was trying to save Jesse! Here, the moral compass starts to tilt.

Then, Gale.

So that is Walt's story. He is the bad guy now.

Let's look at Jesse.

Drug dealer who gets recruited. Doesn't follow instructions. Walt makes him some money so he tries to reconcile with his parents. Covers for younger brother. Cheats parents out of house. Goofs off in the super lab. Rescues Gus and Mike!

Sensing a pattern here? For each character?

K, now Gus. Well respected businessman. Oh, turns out he'll kill anyone in the blink of an eye. Arranges a few things to boost Jesse's confidence. Takes Jesse on a barter mission (not telling Jesse he is the goods to be traded), kills everyone and saves the day. He could have left Jesse there.

Hank. Clean cut cop. Turns out he likes violence. Saves the days versus the cousins. Makes his wife's life a living hell. Solves the crime. Coerces Walt to illegally help.

Any patterns emerging yet?

To sum up: what the fuck show are you watching?

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008

Any patterns emerging yet?

No. :lol:

You're delusional.

And just in case you didn't know:

A protagonist (from the Greek πρωταγωνιστής protagonistes, "one who plays the first part, chief actor"[1]) is the main character (the central or primary personal figure) of a literary, theatrical, cinematic, or musical narrative, around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve and with whom the audience is intended to most identify.

An antagonist (from Greek ἀνταγωνιστής - antagonistes, "opponent, competitor, rival")[1] is a character, group of characters, or an institution, that represents the opposition against which the protagonist must contend. In other words, 'A person, or a group of people who oppose the main character, or the main characters.'[2] In the classic style of story where in the action consists of a hero fighting a villain, the two can be regarded as protagonist and antagonist, respectively.[3] The antagonist may also represent a major threat or obstacle to the main character by their very existence, without necessarily deliberately targeting him or her.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I was just rewatching the final scene of episode 9, prior to the fight. Walt gets all pissed off at Jesse for not taking the opportunity to kill Gus with the ricin. Jesse then responds:

"Look, there was just one big pot of stew. What was I supposed to do, poison myself?"

The writers of this show are absolutely brilliant. :tup: