Unreal Tournament 2004 Ahead Of Schedule?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Last night The Screensavers held a televised Unreal Tournament 2004 LAN Party. In attendance was a representative from Atari who was reported to have stated that "Unreal Tournament 2004 was ahead of schedule and would probably go gold very soon". Possibly as early as the end of this month or the start of March. I was able to confirm this only with a few sources (1), (2), and (3).

As always, the final word only comes from Epic Games when the master disc goes out the front door. Take it for what you will, but it is good news indeed to know that the game getting closer!

PR_Flak[ATARI]

Sep 17, 2003
Like you said (and we've said many times), anything but official word directly from Epic or an official press release directly from me is just speculation. That being said, every day brings us one day closer, right? ;)

I

i want teh demo

PR_Flak[ATARI] said:
Like you said (and we've said many times), anything but official word directly from Epic or an official press release directly from me is just speculation. That being said, every day brings us one day closer, right? ;)

but that screensaver thing was a atari representive so its gota be right!

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Release dates mean nothing, last year it got pushed back months and people stopped caring, this year I'm not even going to worry until it hits shelves. We'll get all worked up and then we'll get "oh wait, we found some errors, sorry but it'll be on the original release date". Then we get "oops now we're behind schedule." Expect nothing and then you're pleasantly surprised when it does happen. :)

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
you know, even if they are ahead of schedule, I would want them to be on date, it give them a bit more time, to tweak it, debug it, ... and improve the HUD. :p