"TOXIKK" The UT2004 clone

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
These guys are doing the same mistake Epic did with UT3. They making their maps way too cluttered, making it hard to identify players in all that visual gloom.

madspacemarine02

random access user
May 2, 2014
I read elsewhere that they are remaking environments of Neocron,
also developed by them. Neocron was/is a near future MMORPG
that was/is popular in Germany.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
What's hilarious is that there are so many assets that I can point out that were used in UT3 in this game. Like, the chinese lanterns, the pagoda archways, a lot of the pipes, some guard rails, many steps, dumpsters, ramps, fans, walls, building walls, lights, the fluorescent lights... I mean, I shouldn't point them all out, but there are tons.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Man, this game is such a burn on UT is really isn't even cute. I guess imitation is flattery, but this borders on just weird. I think it's the UT3 map 'Downfall' with the blue holographic figure moving on top of the building....they even copied that idea except changed it to a stripper or something.

Pathetic idea really. Looks more like a conversion mod.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, it's pretty hilarious. If I want to play UT2004, I'll just play UT2004.

Also, have I mentioned the name for the game is the dumbest thing ever?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The game is basically bone stock UDK. The movement is close to identical to UT3 in every way.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Nothing wrong with being inspired by something, but wholesale ripoffs are are whole different thing. The joke remains that the game they have yet to release was released in both 2004 and '07.

What it is is pure marketing. Putting a "new" label on an old product. I have to say that UT4 has likely taken some wind out of those sails; I bet the Toxikk devs were more than a bit disappointed at Epic's announcement back when and at the excitement that the new game has generated.

Why have re-heated hamburgers when fresh steak is on the way?

War_Master

May 27, 2005
All I gotta say is... "this game is a joke". Seeing that the beta has been released on steam for a pretty high price, I can tell they're just trying to make some quick and easy money from a knock off of a product. The way things are going on the development is probably not going to be a totally finished game.

Imitating physics, graphics, weapons, and other mechanics from several games won't necessarily attract players from those communities. Things like this actually pisses players off seeing how parts of their favorite game(s) are being put in a pile of dump. And seeing all the negative feedback from this game it looks like its going to be the biggest joke of a game that once was.

ps. I hope that the trolls that bash and threatened forum users over at unrealtournament.com won't read this or they'll come and gang up on us for stating our opinions like we should :lol:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
They're not really imitating UT3, this is the important thing, it is UT3. It's the same source code and all, the majority of their game is that they've tweaked some variables and replaced the assets.

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
All I gotta say is... "this game is a joke". Seeing that the beta has been released on steam for a pretty high price, I can tell they're just trying to make some quick and easy money from a knock off of a product.

... And until the Epic do something, they will continue making the money ...

BTW: All this Steam KickStarter system is just a big joke - there is many games in alpha / beta stage for years ... Now even for Early Access / Beta Testing you need to pay as for final product - it's ridiculous ...

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Called it
from the creators of neocron we bring you UT3

I still wonder what sort of jedi mind trick they're using to make people forget UT3 existed, or their fans are too young to know about UT3 and the failure of it (and actual "1999" games to know the difference)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's UT3 with dodge jump on a really cramped and terrible map.

13210_screenshots_2015-02-02_00002-looped.gif

Pretty funny when I double checked the values. It is identical. The values they did change are all minuscule changes.