World of Tanks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yep, found it out by accident a few weeks ago. The two guys that showed me this game a couple months ago didn't even know about it. The only problem is you then try and increase your convert experience before buying the next tank because you don't want to waste it and you want to use it now.;)

EDIT: oh yeh, some guy made a comment to me about UT and I said "UT!!!" back to him. Let me know if any of you guys are in the same match with me.:)

EDIT AGAIN: I beat Xan_Kriegor tonight!:) ....then there's the flip side which happened later...shot not one but two of my own teammates...yikes:( ...stupid teammates getting in the way.;)

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Well, it was a space cadet morning playing WOTs....I destroyed one of my own guys without even knowing it until it was too late. I know I'm supposed to destroy red tanks, but for some reason I thought I was on the red team (i.e. - UT series) and fired on him.....stupid stupid stupid......:confused: I should know better than to play first thing in the morning.:eek: :B :doh: ;)

EDIT: tonight the M3 Lee lost 9 battles in a row before it finally got the 2x on the 10th battle.......that's a little ludricrous I think.:(

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yes, but just because I get destroyed early does not effect the whole team. Maybe I did my job scouting or something else. Anyway, it happens to a lot of people I heard.....I lot of good players also, so it's not just me.;)

Also, just had my best battle with the NC-17 yesterday (4 destroyed and 4 damaged....last tank I destroyed for win had 11 destroyed tanks for that battle and we were the last two remaining tanks), so I guess I'm not selling this tank for now as I was thinking.:)

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Holy moly, my M3 Lee won 5 out of 8 battles last night.:)

EDIT: ....then won only 1 out of 10 the other night.:( Even though I keep bitching about it, I'm less than 2000 XP away from M4 so I'm not selling it; although, I've threatened to a bunch of times.;)

EDIT AGAIN: got the M4 yesterday, so now I have to work toward the 105 gun and use it before they nerf it and take it away in 8.4 update (at least that's the rumor).

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just had my best battle performance in the M5 Stuart. Destroyed 5 tanks and damaged 6 (2 destroyed were Hetzers).:)

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
triple ramming.....

.....or at least almost at the exact same time. I believe it was on Prokhorovka near the SW corner. I was headed right for a tank and we barely missed a collision and I turned around and headed for him again from behind but he had slowed down or stopped and right before I hit him someone hit him from the right side, then I hit him from behind at the same time someone else hit him from the left side. The tank coming from the left was going downhill and hit him pretty hard and possibly me a little bit; although, I wasn't charged for any team damage. It was pretty wild and I believe I was the only one that survived the collisions; the rammings couldn't have been separated by more than 2 seconds.:)

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
My best game on TOG-II*
[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/QBHVBwL.jpg[/screenshot]
Unfortunately this was one of the first games played on my notebook, and I forgot to enable replay recording.

3. Explain in the FAQs how convert experience can be used to research stuff in the next tank once it is researched without buying gold (I haven't seen this explained anywhere, even in the forums).
Russian website/wiki/forums also don't say much about that. As far as I was able to understand is that for each match 5% of your earned XP goes to converted XP (Someone said that this works even if you have the option to boost the crew level-up on), and that's pretty much it. There is no other way to get converted XP except through gold. I guess this is done to encourage people playing with different of tanks, not just sticking to one option you like most.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Scooter909 is complaining about ramming. Next time you see him, ram him and let him know I sent you.;)

EDIT: Also, just had my best battle performance with the Renault NC-31, so it's looking like the Renault FT-17 will get sold eventually. I like keeping the Tier1 tanks and I was trying to decide which one to get rid of and it has been decided I believe.

EDIT AGAIN: almost had top gun with Matilda tonight (tied with 2 other tanks within last 5 seconds....i hit it first though). I still like the howi with this vehicle.:)

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
8.4 changes and link

Some of these should be interesting to check out, but it looks like the M4 will not be nerfed in 8.4. This is good since I just got it and the 105 on the M4 should be the reward for putting up with grinding through the M3 Lee.

http://worldoftanks.com/news/2031-84-public-test/

List of Changes in Test v8.4 compared to v8.3

Major Changes:

Added a branch of tank destroyers to the British tech tree:
Universal Carrier QF 2 pounder, Alecto, Valentine AT, АТ 2, АТ 7, Gun Carrier Churchill, АТ 8, АТ 15, А39 Tortoise, FV215b(183)

Added three new German light tanks:
Pz.I, Pz.I Ausf.С , Pz.II Ausf.G.

The following German light tanks have been moved to tier IV, V and VI to match their rebalanced characteristics:
Luchs, VK 1602, VK2801
New USSR premium tier VI tank destroyer now available: SU-100Y.

The following maps were reworked for improved graphics:
Steppes, Fisherman's Bay, Ensk, Live Oaks

Dragon Ridge and Serene Coast maps removed from random battle mode for re-working

World of Tanks now supports NVIDIA SLI configurations

Battle tutorial for beginners has been added (tutorial mission has its own map).

"Assault" mode has been temporary disabled for the following maps: Malinovka and Westfield

Tanks with auto loader system will reload the whole cassette/drum instead of one shell when the “Intuition” skill is triggered

Minor Balance Changes & Fixes

Reduced slope of the lower nose plate of the Pz. V Panther to 55 degrees

Reduced slope of the lower nose plate of the T-44 to 45 degrees

Fixed minor bugs with the damage model of the following tanks:
AT-15А, Matilda Black Prince, Matilda (USSR), Grille, AMX 13-75, AMX 13-90, AMX 12t, Churchill I, VK 4205B, M12, M41, Object 212, Caernarvon, M46 Patton, Maus, Е-100

Improved the protection offered by the joint between lower and higher nose plates on Caernarvon, Conqueror and FV215b tanks

Fixed bugs in visual models for the following vehicles:
IS-3, Churchill LL, М41, Т69, KV-3, TOG-2, SU-14, S-51, Hetzer

Fixed mix up of left and right tracks in the damage model of the WZ-131

Fixed camo costs for Chinese T-34-2

Fixed appearance of the final drive cover for Т-34 and vehicles built on its hull

Fixed damage from falling received in vehicles with open top turrets for TDs and SPGs

The FPS rate in the garage is limited to 60 FPS

Reworked and optimized tank engine exhaust effect

Fixed implementation of certain internal ricochet calculations

User Interface & Gameplay Adjustments

Added the ability to customize the addressing system for battle chat: with or without an auto save of the last channel used

Fixed the error that in certain situations would display a sold tank as 'not researched' in the tech tree

Returned the option to train crew members for tanks missing in the Garage. A separate warning window has been added for this purpose

Added a windowed full-screen option (maximize button in the right top corner)

Fixed descriptions of the "Sniper" and "Steel Wall" achievements

Fixed some bugs in achieving Kolobanov's medal for cases when the members of both teams quit to the hangar before the end of a battle

Fixed display of team damage and team kill for the post-battle statistics
window when allied tank was destroyed by fire after your hit

Fixed the loss of performance on some configurations while using server reticule in sniper mode

Added information on "potentially received damage" to the post-battle statistics. This takes into account all the potential damage that a tank could receive from ricocheted or non-penetrated shells (including side skirt armor)

Fixed a rare client crash when going to the tank research window

Removed the restriction of the “external view” button for vehicles with incomplete crew

Added display of the drowning timer and module repair indicator in the post mortem observation mode

Fixed after-shot rattle in the left speaker for some configurations

Fixed inconsistent amount of credits received for selling a vehicle being displayed in both vehicle selling window and following system notifications

Fixed complaints in the post-battle statistics for players not involved in the platoon

Added new pictures to the login screen

When the client is minimized, the taskbar icon now blinks five seconds before the battle starts rather that at the start

Implemented restoration of voice chat functionality after disconnection

Added the ability to remove heavy weight equipment and modules and replace them with lower weight ones when the chassis is overloaded

Fixed glitch with "Sniper" achievement when damaging allied tank with an HE shell

Added to the descriptions of commemorative medals

Fixed the ammo order after a turret or gun change in the Garage

Fixed a bug which mixed up the command order "Affirmative!" and "Negative!" for tank destroyers in some situations

"Damage upon detecting" in the after-battle statistics reworded to "Damage upon your detecting"

Fixed audio interruptions during the voice chat test

Fixed a rare client crash after fast quitting and then connecting to the game

Fixed client crash when pressing "Update Device" in the settings menu

Fixed wrong output for FPS values, ping and lag indication for the Logitech G19 keyboard

Fixed barrel movement discrepancy in some cases when targeting a nearby obstacle

Fixed barrel movement and turret turning discrepancy after a hit

Graphical Changes & Fixes

Fixed some bugs in the visual models of surrounding objects and building damage

Added additional destruction effects for destroying big tanks

Fixed automatic camera angle adjustment when close to some objects

Fixed some bugs in the display and update rate of dynamic shadows

Gameplay and visual fixes for the following maps:
Cliff, Prokhorovka, Abbey, Ruinberg

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just got my first tank at 100% crew experience! It's the Pz38nA and here's what I picked for the first skill for each:
Commander/Gunner > Recon
Driver > Preventative Maintenance
Radio Operator > Situation Awareness
Loader > Camo

Anyone have any advice on the second skill for each and why?

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
SkaarjMaster's WOTs

Ok, I told you guys to stop me but no one did. I'm going to try all the tanks I either haven't tried or tried before and didn't keep because found out later they were the best in their tier. Anyway, the thing I was talking about earlier which will not be named is StoneTitan.;)

Last edited: