UT CTF - Wrath Factories

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ironhide

Jan 18, 2010
Hello, fellow players!

I had been a long time away from the editor, when i decided to create some stuff again.
Decided to create a small CTF map, suitable for 2-8 players, but it is still open for edits, since i have no idea if people will like it or not :)
Atleast it looks like this at this point.

2hfue6f.png

I have never created a map for being release before, but i hope you enjoy this map though!

Download links:
ZIP: http://www.2shared.com/file/10915771/8de8ba75/CTF-Wrath.html
RAR: http://www.2shared.com/file/10915753/51d0b9db/CTF-Wrath.html

-Ironhide

Last edited:

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
Some points regarding the screenshot:
I see a christmas like lighting. Green, red, purple. Looks a little bit "weired". Try to find a structure for your lighting. Red and blue are of course ok for the bases. But it looks here like you added in each base a "base" light (for red and blue).
It would be better if you would instead add smaller lightsources.
An other point: Where does the lighting come from. It looks like it comes from the nothing. If you dont add "ambient light actors", its really important that the lighting does come from somewhere. Here I miss simply lamps, they can be in the wall or could hang from the ceiling.
Some short words for the layout: I watched my classmates today in school again playing Counterstrike. You`ll see ther also just flat maps. For example a warehouse just with crates, maybe at the wall some ladders to climb up. But overall this does not fit for UT. This means: Z-Axis. Dont reduce the fighting to one layer and sadly like here to a single room. It can be helpful if you take a walk in your map.. without bots. Rule of thumb: Avoid to long straight walks in one direction, lets say more than 5 seconds. Its boring. A "layer" switch (stairs, ramps, lifts) helps to make the gameplay much more interesting. If nothing helps force the player at least to go around a corner.
I am myself not really experienced with that. But try something of it the next time.

Ironhide

Jan 18, 2010
Thanks for the reply Creavion :)

If you look at the roof in the right corner of the screenshot, you can see some lights, and the rest is from the flag, and the slime in the bottom.

The meaning of the map is to be a 1on1 CTF quick played map, so i should not have written 2-8 players. The map is just one room since i want constant action, and you can choose to take the path straight forward for the flag, but risk getting blasted off the walkway and into the hazards underneath. Or you can take the longer road around :)

I used only one evening on the map, so the detail level is not high though i think the map is pretty fun to play ;)
I will create some more maps with elevators and stuff, i can upload a screenshot of a map i was doing, but i can't open it since i created a "my_Level" package with a mistake so nothing comes up when i load it :/

Last edited: