Rate The Last Game You Played

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Odin Sphere (PS2) It goes to 11! This game is just destroying me. I sit down to play for a little bit and time just evaporates. The graphics are mid blowing 2D, it's like playing a piece of F'ing art. The sounds are very good and even the voice acting is done well. (OK, so the Story is pretty standard, but it's done well...)

It's kinda like some crack fusion of Legend of Zelda 2, Strider and the Johnny Depp Willy Wonka Movie with an RPG frosting and just a hint of American McGee's Alice.

Strangest thing about it, was at first I was kinda just at the 'ok, good game' level...but by the time I got to the second boss, I was shifting that 'just a little bit more' monkey a bit higher on my back with every minute. (You have been warned.)
Oh jesus, Strider, I remember that game. I hadn't even thought about it, but that's a good comparison. Odin Sphere does indeed rock. :D

dub

Feb 12, 2002
this game is made of awesome sauce

Assassin's Creed [PC]: 9.5/10

I was told by a few friends that this was another overhyped game. They told me that the fighting system was just a two button mash up.

I'm so glad I didn't listen to them and bought this game anyways. The style, graphics and story are awesome, coupled with a excellent movement system.
The fighting system is actually really quite good too and I haven't played a game with a better sword-fighting weapon system yet. (doesn't say much, blade games aren't usually my cup o' tea)
I've almost finished it :hmm: and I only bought it last Friday. Has that "oh go on... just one more mission. - oh look, it's 4 am."

Everything in this game feels just right. Except the quitting menu shown in another thread and the fact that it's a console port so for example there's no screenshot key. Nothing that really stops me enjoying this awesome game, though.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Ummm, I recently played through the CoD4 SP again: 9/10 for SP
Isn't that like your 9th time? D:

The fighting system is actually really quite good too and I haven't played a game with a better sword-fighting weapon system yet.
Is the game still set up so that no matter how many enemies are around you only one will attack at once? They apparently fixed stuff with the PC version but I'm not sure that was one of them.

As for sword play, I recall the original Prince of Persia was pretty neat in that regard. Never did end up beating that one... Perhaps it's time for a reinstall. D:

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Assassin's Creed [PC]: 9.5/10

I was told by a few friends that this was another overhyped game. They told me that the fighting system was just a two button mash up.

I'm so glad I didn't listen to them and bought this game anyways. The style, graphics and story are awesome, coupled with a excellent movement system.
The fighting system is actually really quite good too and I haven't played a game with a better sword-fighting weapon system yet. (doesn't say much, blade games aren't usually my cup o' tea)
I've almost finished it :hmm: and I only bought it last Friday. Has that "oh go on... just one more mission. - oh look, it's 4 am."

Everything in this game feels just right. Except the quitting menu shown in another thread and the fact that it's a console port so for example there's no screenshot key. Nothing that really stops me enjoying this awesome game, though.

Finally...a good review of that game.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Is the game still set up so that no matter how many enemies are around you only one will attack at once? They apparently fixed stuff with the PC version but I'm not sure that was one of them.

Pretty much. In later stages sometimes two enemies will attack you at once, but I'm not sure that's not a glitch and it's impossible to fight two enemies at once. I'm not sure there is anything to fix as such, as bar using your legs I wouldn't see how it would be possible to fight two enemies at once.
When you're dueling with one enemy though, others will attack you too.

Another point I missed was that I find the AI to be very good in AssCreed.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Pretty much. In later stages sometimes two enemies will attack you at once, but I'm not sure that's not a glitch and it's impossible to fight two enemies at once. I'm not sure there is anything to fix as such, as bar using your legs I wouldn't see how it would be possible to fight two enemies at once.
When you're dueling with one enemy though, others will attack you too.

Another point I missed was that I find the AI to be very good in AssCreed.

I loved A.C. and can't wait for the sequel.

Currently I am playing on my (not my sisters :) ) Nintendo DS Zelda Phantom Hourglass ( :tup:) and the latest Yu-Gi-Oh game... what can I say, my friends infested me with that card game and now I enjoy it too much. Will have wifi duels soon.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Resident Evil 4: 5.5/10
Horrible horrible control system. Game might be decent if it wasn't a chore to control.
The movements feel really programed and on "rails". Guess I might be a bit spoiled after Assassin's Creed. :S
Following that, the maps feel really restricted and forced down a very specific path.

The story is livable but the dialog is plain cheesy and the lines seem to suffer from lazy translation.

The graphics aren't bad and some of the gory stuff is pretty good, as are some of the zombies.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Resident Evil 4: 5.5/10
Horrible horrible control system. Game might be decent if it wasn't a chore to control.
The movements feel really programed and on "rails". Guess I might be a bit spoiled after Assassin's Creed. :S
Following that, the maps feel really restricted and forced down a very specific path.

The story is livable but the dialog is plain cheesy and the lines seem to suffer from lazy translation.

The graphics aren't bad and some of the gory stuff is pretty good, as are some of the zombies.

Which version did you play. And they arent zombies :)

dub

Feb 12, 2002
The infected, whatever :) (they sure act like zombies :p )
I'm on the PC version and ended up using a controller.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

Bleck thats your problem then. It was a shoddy port. Gamecube or Wii version hands down. Unless its the gameplay that put you off then oh well it wouldnt have mattered if it was a AAA port then huh :)

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com

No wonder.

The PC port is a port of the PS2 version of the game. Lower polycounts, pre-rendered FMV instead of in-engine, and the worst control scheme ever devised. Also make sure you get the patch.

Play the Gamecube version. It's incredible.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I just finished Alien Shooter 2; Vengeance. 8.0 / 10

This game isn't going to win any awards for graphics, story, or innovation, but it's "just fun", and a great change of pace if you just want to blow **** up starship troopers style. It's a top-down action/rpg where you move your character with wasd and aim with the mouse cursor.
It's probably the shootyest game I've ever played. They throw so much crap at you that even when your weapon annihilates half the screen every second it's not enough.

It's currently $5 on steam, and it's not super long but not too short either - about 2-4 sessions worth.

One of the vehicle segments. All the gib are from monsters, and the tracks in the blood were kinda cool
pew pew
pewpewpew
PEWPEWPEW

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Okami - so far 9/10

Feels very much like LoZ:Wind Waker in alot of ways, you can sort of spot similarities in the characters, but the art style and 'paint brush' abilities are really terrificly good. The combat is pretty kickass as well, with the weapons working in pretty interesting ways.

trailer - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/9412.html

God Hand - 10/10

This is by the same developers as Okami, and kicks a huge amount of ass. It is a tough, hilarious and fun beat em up with a cool surf rock sound track and a heap of great one liners and enemies to fight. There are over 100 different moves for you to choose from (you can equip I think 10 or so at any one time) and they all allow for great amounts of combo customisation.

trailer - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/10679.html

Sins of a Solar Empire - I've yet to install this one, havent been on my home computer all week, but I'll let you all know :)

Last edited:

PsyXandeR

Aug 5, 2005
W00ting himself on CTF-AllYourW00T
CoD4 - 10/10

AWESOME GAEM!!111 OMFG 1T R0XX!!!!

/slits throat

Seriously, the most action filled game Ive ever played, Level design is awesome, scripted sequences are really awesome, OMG total awesomness, me likes :D

... anyone tried out CoD4SDK?

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
The Witcher 8.5/10

Great combat system. Lush worlds. Good story.