Mappers Who Did EAS-INF-ACityBlock

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Yep, precisely because the only way to attack is sprint & attack in the first seconds, when the defenders still aren't coordinated or well deployed. I played it a lot of times, and i still keep that opinion.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Please, for the love of **** - remove that UH-60 if it doesn't serve a purpose. Those things are so loud and annoying...

There's no reason to have that there. It makes it impossible to hear anything, especially TeamSpeak. If that map needs anything, it's 'more city'. You can grab the cd and sprint back to the extract before the attackers even respawn.

Not very fun if you ask me.

Also, if you're going to have one gun in that map (MP5 in the closet), you should have ammo crates lying around (STANAG mags and such). That's one thing INF maps are missing - a weapons cache for each side.

I doubt a military force would deploy forces into a city without bringing an ammo crate or two...

It would be nice if there were a sewer or something underneath the stairs by the attacker's alley. Where it leads, I don't know. But I think another attack route and also (since the map isn't that big - it would be nice to have various 'levels' of combat), an opened up building or two would be beneficial to that map.

If it's possible, it would be nice to increase the distance between the two teams so that they actually have to work to get to the objective - rather than sprint to it within the first fifteen seconds.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Lethal Dosage said:
GOD NO! i would neva butcher a EAS map in the name of TDM! players, n bots prefer to still spawn in the building across the street, they only really spawn there in the first spawn of each round, then only occasionally, (usually when the defender deaths really start to build up.
This doesn't make sense to me. How can defenders spawn only in the first wave of the round, but after defenders have already died???? If it is the first wave, then no one should have died yet.

You REALLY need to make sure that spawn point is deactivated after the first wave. Otherwise you are going to have people getting killed right as they spawn, which is never fun.

where is the Level Info thingy in the map! i cant find it!
Open the map, go to the 'View' menu.
Go to Level Properties
Go to LevelInfo

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
@ Keihas
Ok to clear things up, Defenders only really spawn up there at the begining of the round, and then after that, only when all spawn positions are filled in the building across the street (so if u kill heaps of Defenders, some Defenders start to spawn up top on the warehouse roof, and i will make the roof a no-go place for Attackers.

As for opening up one the the block buildings, i'm working on two as i type it, with fire escapes between the two, which you will be able to jump between. Breakable windows will be out the front to snipe/covering fire out of, and may place an elevator in one of them (but don't hold me to it)

The UH-60 ain't that loud! you can still hear plenty, but after i release the map i'll start a poll going in Development as to whether or not to remove it in the next version (yeah i've decided there will b move versions), but for now, it stays.

Lethal Dosage

@ Kiehas

Oh n in regards to the weapon cache thing, there are 3 of em, one in the Janitors Closet, one in the back of the 5 ton truck, and on in the 2nd Floor Sniping (now known as 2nd Floor Loading Bay Roof Access and 2nd Floor Armoury), with some ammo (usually 3 mags) for each weapon, except for the MP5a2 (4 mags) and the AKMSU (1, 75rd Drum).

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
That sounds nice about opening up some of the buildings. I would stay away from elevators though, just use stairs.

So, did I read that right? You are going to place a sniper actor ontop of the warehouse to kill any attackers? That still won't stop defenders from being spawn-killed. Attackers often need to spam the roof with nades to kill the defenders there. If that is also a spawn.... defenders are going to get spawn-killed/naded.
I think you should just remove the spawn altogether, it is just going to be frustrating from a player's perspective, especially in bigger games with lots of people on the server.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I agree - that spawn is a rather bad idea.

One of the things I disliked about most EAS maps is that defenders aren't at their defensive postition when the map starts. Which is rather stupid...

I like the fact that they spawn near the cd. However, the fact of the matter is that the map is too small, and it doesn't even allow them time to set up clays before the attackers get there.

So, nix that spawn. No point to it.

It would be nice if there were multiple objectives on that map. Perhaps something to blow up? Perhaps an objective that provides another route to the cd? I don't know...

On the UH-60: They are, in fact, too loud. The fact that it's always above the target building is useless. Just remove it. Having things like the UH-60 for decoration is not only a waste of resources, it also kills any chance of voice-chat comunication.

Could you imagine defending on that map with that sound in your ear for 10-15 minutes while trying to talk to people over TS?

No thanks.

Just remove it now. Trust me, it's a bad idea.

Lethal Dosage

Fine the UH-60 is out, but i'm gonna keep the Defender Spawns up there, cus i can get to the CD as the Defenders r just getting there, so they stay, does ne1 kno how to make the spawns work once only?

I've opened up an Appartment building across the road from the Warehouse, 3 floors, stairs going all the way up to the roof, as well as appartments on the 2nd n 3rd floors, sum guns but not many, a fire escape on the side going up to the 2nd floor.

N i'll start a poll right now, who wants AT4's in the map? I kno they are not very popular, do i'm not expecting a good response, but if so where?

Also a Trials version is going to b emailed out (only with the permission of DarkSniper though) just for people to Beta test n give ideas on, anyone who wants to give the map a try b4 it is released, post ur email here

Note: The .zip file is 3mb and contains
EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised.unr (map)
EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised.txt (readme)
Domestic_Pack1.u (a deco package)
Tfance.utx ( a texture package that i doubt u all have)

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Sounds good, upload the beta to RealMaps and I'll get it hosted. I'd say no to the AT4... why the heck you'd need it in such a mission I don't know. Also, you might want to rename the map file to get rid of the space, it's annoying for Linux users.

Last edited:

Lethal Dosage

Trials will go out bout midday 2morrow (Aussie time, bout 8:25 now) final touches (hopefully) now, i didn't think anyone would like the AT4 idea,

@ Keihas:

Ahhh, right. Will do that ASAP, thanks for the help,

@ Crowze:

Don't wanna put it on RealMaps or anything just yet, next couple of days though, i'll submit it.

Lethal Dosage

God its quiet without the UH-60, i can actually hear myself walking! Well it's just bout ready for the Trials version to go out, just some last minute finishing touches (there are neva enough finishing touches :lol: , i guess i will just have to learn to keep my hands of it!), bout another half hour till it goes out,

(adjustments = 5min, rebuild time = 10 min, load up on hotmail = forever)

Lethal Dosage

Ok guuys, soz bout the wait, (like a day i kno), but the map was full of BSP errors (one rebuild gets rid of 1, n another 1 pops up), well i got them all out, n also added a few new things,

Once again any1 who wants to do some testing for me, put ur email in a post (besides Keihas cus i got urs), n i'll email it to u, the .zip file is a lil under 3mb, so on my connection it will take like 30mins to load up in hotmail, but after that its going out, so get ur email addys in fast!

@ DarkSniper:

So do i have the go ahead to release it? Final version will b on its way to u soon, let me kno ASAP!

Lethal Dosage

@ keiahs:

turns out the hotmail address u gave me isn't correct :mad: , u might wanna have a look at it, with hotmail accounts r inactive for 3 months they get deleted, u might wanna create a new one, or give me another address.

@ DarkSniper & Burger:

The final version is on its way to u :D so check ur email

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Lethal Dosage said:
@ keiahs:

turns out the hotmail address u gave me isn't correct :mad: , u might wanna have a look at it, with hotmail accounts r inactive for 3 months they get deleted, u might wanna create a new one, or give me another address.
LOL, the address I gave you had a typo in it. You'd think I'd know how to spell my own callsign hehe.

Here is the correctly spelled address:
keihaswarrior@hotmail.com

Lethal Dosage

Since almost every rebuild creates more BSP errors (glitches), i won't do any more changes unless something big pops up or i start to get a list of like 15 problems, so let me kno of any problems ASAP as well as location, n i'll got onto it, maybe...

@ Keihas:

Ok its on its way to u as well, so check ur email, n tell me what u think

Lethal Dosage

Thanks to Keihas, i left out a texture package, riv3.utx, i always thought it was in with UT (from AS-Overlord), but it turns out i DL it with AS-Riverbed (i keep getting them confused) :( , so the file will b included in the next final release, its too large to include here so ne1 who is missing it, put ur emails here n i'll send it to u

@ Blitz

Thanks, just trying to get one LAST BSP error (glitch in my messed up language) out, then i'll submit it to Real Maps (thanks Crowze), Combat Maps, n to u, as well as putting a link in Development (or mayb annoucments)

And of course proper credit will b given to the maker of AS-Riverbed (can't remember who of the top of my head) in the readme.