General Protection Fault in original Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Astaldo

Apr 21, 2000
Highland Lakes, NJ USA
Visit site
I recently re-installed Unreal. Now, when It starts up, I get a 'Critical error' notice about a 'General Protection Fault.' I tried it with and without Return to Na Pali, which updates it to 2.24 It runs in safe mode.
My computer:
Pentium 2 450mhz
256 megs of ram
DirectX 7
Voodoo 3 AGP
Sound Blaster Live!

The Toastman

Apr 19, 2000
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
Hmmm. Unfortunately, The GPF (general protection fault) error in Windows is about the most generic error Winbloze can give. Only thing I can think of off hand is make certain all of your drivers are current. You might also try starting up Unreal in safe mode, going under advanced options, setting Unreal to use software mode and low-quality sound with no extra options and see if it will start up normally (making certain an option your system doesn't support isn't selected). If it does, then trying turning things back on one at a time. Good luck.