Aliens versus Predator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

reicher

Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I played aliens versus predator 2 yesterday and it was one of the awesomest games yet. It seems that through linking a bunch of basic mutators and assigning them to 3 different character classes, this same effect could be accomplished. The marines would be pretty basic with maybe a fre new items, like flares. and the predators would need vision mutators and the ability to go invisible at will *for a limited time* also there would need to be a predator model. Finally, the alien would need a vision mutator and the ability to crawl on walls. I think there is already an alien model and the karate type mutator could be modified so that the graphics are of alien arms. If need be, a bot scriptor so it can be played in single player. The current ut maps would work fine i think.
Its just a thought.

arcanex

teh grinning totem
Sep 28, 2001
I'd like to see the pred's vision modes implemented, but I think it's pretty hard to do in UT. Maybe U2 or UT2 or UnrW.

The rest are doable, except maybe the alien bots that climb walls in default UT maps. But Snarf's right; any mod that'll do something as big as a port of AvP should wait for the next Unreal engine and see what more stuff they can do.

arcanex

teh grinning totem
Sep 28, 2001
True, but MatrixMoves doesn't have bot support and the running on the wall is very limited compared to AvP.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
There have been several nightvisions made for UT

Unfortunaly the best one I have seen, the maker is unwilling to share. (changed the whole screan color, and lots of nice details, etc)