Forums

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Morpheus300

7ry 7urning 7he Safe7y OFF!
Mar 15, 2009
feedback.gif

Morpheus300

Mar 15, 2009
Yet again, Does anyone know anyone who can do Altered Atmosphere (LINKY) mixed into the start of U: RTNp?

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Unless you've had a sit-in w/ Epic about using their IP and the backing to license UE2+ this isn't going to take off. If you want to make a standalone game best bet it to use original IP and license an engine within your budget.

Morpheus300

Mar 15, 2009
... Yeah, Perhaps it should be a mod, Probably an Addition onto Unreal Tournament 2004. Like a expansion, Like what UT99 was going to be originally.

Any Music suggestions?

Morpheus300

Mar 15, 2009
Ok, ok, Long time, New ideas.

Updates:
  • Decided that it should be a mod
  • Redone the story (First one sucked!)
  • Redone features (Now the armour/health needs to be charged and you can't do anything while charging your armour/health)
  • done some rubbish sketch-up models (I would have used Maya from UT2003's 3rd disk but I can't register it)
  • Thought up characters with back stories
  • Added a couple of Factions (The ONI [YES! I KNOW ODST HAS ONI!] and the Liandri Security Force [Nanobots! How cool!])
  • Thought of Actual Cutscenes (HOW COOL? RIGHT?!)
  • Scripts!

Please tell me what you think!

Morpheus300

Mar 15, 2009
Ok, Rough story, You can choose which gender you want to be in the game (Rather than a Halo 2 style Flicking quickly between stories). Both stories are diffrent but end uproughly the same.

Summary of the Male Campaign:
The year is 2116, 7 years since Na Pali, same year of Unreal 2 but in a slightly diffrent timeline. You play as Guy Newburn, A UMS Marine who is coming home to Earth after a somewhat uneventful tour of duty in the first of the outer colonies. On your way back to Earth (Just after a slipspace jump) you recieve a message from a UMS or TCA ship (I'm not sure if it should be TCA or UMS) relaying a message that for soe reason the Skarrj were coming to Earth but the message cuts off then suddenly your ship is attacked then <Major hole in the story, Needs filling>.

You land on Earth, You fight your way through a Skarrj infested city, you recover something which I have no idea what it should be (Perhaps a vital instrument to winning this particular fight). You escape the city just as the Skarrj bombard it with plasma and leveling it.

The final two or three levels you have to crash a UMS ship into the Skarjj mothership (Which jumped with the skarrj fleet during the hole in the story), blow up the ships fission cores (Rather than fusion [Fusion reactors? Really....]), place a remote charge on the main reactor's coolant tank and get out of there Halo: Combat Evolved style. The cores start going critical and you have 00:03:31 to get off the ship. Now there are two endings.

First ending (Requirements: You must get to your dropship before 00:00:16): You get on board the dropship and blast out of there then you blow the charges. There is a small debriefing later after that.

Second/Sad Ending (Requirements: You get to the dropship at/after 00:00:16): You are just about to get on board the ship you get mortally wounded by a Skaarj Brute (Bringing 'em back), there is no way that you can get off there without going into shock. You tell your team to get out of there, They want you to come but there is no way that you can. You tell them to just leave. After your team have left, the Skarrj cirle around you, one of them walks up to you to do it's killing blow, you stare at it, Then you show him the remote. You open it and say something snappy and then blow the charges. your team get to safety and then recieve a debriefing.

The female campaign follows an ONI officer who has been sent to decommission a base and then the Skarrj attack. That's all I got to... I personally wanted the second level to be called 'Left for Dead' as you got knocked out and left for dead.

Sorry, Jacks:SmurkingRevenge, I only have a few concept images... and they aren't too good...

Concept Art: http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww182/Morpheus300/Ship%20Concepts/?previewTheme=203&track=interstitial&previewCancelUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fs718.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww182%2FMorpheus300%2FShip%2520Concepts%2F

Last edited: