ChaosUT2 Public Release 1 is coming out very VERY SOON

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
The lack of sword didn't bother me because i never really got into it the last time it was out, i like the crossbow it has a lack of solidity to it, possibly there should bea jolt to it, when it's fired it kicks the player back a little and if it hits a player it should do the same!
I often find myself playing with matrixmoves on, purely because theres usually too much happening at once, fire here, clouds of poison there, proxies jumping at me, i need to slow down the stream of time to get the correct gun ready! Heh heh! otherwise thumbs up for beng true the name, it certainly is chaotic!

As for melee weapons, if you get an axe in there in a later release then i can't imagine anything nearer perfection, why a crossbowa AND Axes, at last UT2004 will match the decor of my bedroom! heh heh!

jb

May 22, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
PainAmplifier

thanks for taking the time to reply and glad you enjoyed more or less the mod. Just thought to address some of the good points you brought up.

Crossbow,
at the time if first showed up with the other weapons we had, another scoped weapon was a bit too much. However thoese other weapons with scopes got dropped so it turned out to be something we could have added. However we have 3 firemodes (charging, multi and normal) so we figured to leave off a scope in favor of the modes. As you know Chaos is not really a realism mod :) But the damage the arrows do is based off their speed. And they slow down in flight. So it works like a shot gun. Up close you have more arrows that hit doing more damage..farther away its less.

ERDW,
At one time the ERDW had wall seeing ability. Now I played a ton of RF on line and their Rail Driver did not seem to be too over powering. This ERDW was kind of like our UT2k3 version of that. However the more we played with it we realized that it was to easy to see and then shoot someone behind a wall. So we droped it and started to tone down the ERDW. I feel its almost a bit too week atm....

Chaos UT Sniper Rifle,
oh...yea.. hehehehe some wanted it on, others off. We will add a check box option for the cleints to turn it back on in the next release.

The gravbelt model will be tweaked next time.

We also will work on making better maps. ATM we are more than happy to have new mappers try out or have people sumbit maps for chaos.

And the invasion gametype...yes we can look into that. However a lot of people are having fun with it...like a vortex in the middlle of the room :)

Thanks again for your time. This feedback really helps!

shadow_dragon,
thanks and we will try. Again we did not have it right. We dont like to rush and put out 1/2 finnished work. So figured if we are going to do it..lets do it right the first time :)

Thanks again!

Last edited: