What are you playing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I'm playing State of Decay.
you know that open world zombie RPG. was always interested in it but had already been burned out on zombie games for awhile. decided to buy it recently bundled with the DLC and really enjoying it so far.

haven't let anyone die but I'm only a couple of days into my arrival at the church.
just met the army.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That's one I was interested in trying. There are too many games to play :)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Destiny looks cool.
it also looks extremely generic.

can you convince me otherwise?

at this point no. I am lvl 18 and supposedly the game picks up at 20 where you can finally partake in raids, I think that's the last mode to be unlocked.

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
I've finished BioShock Infinite and the DLCs, the main game rocks, the DLCs are pretty, but to me the storyline on them feels forced and an unnecessary attempt to connect the BioShock 1 and Infinite storylines and deal with the whole Daisy Fitzroy controversy.

Since then I've finished Batman: Arkham Asylum (game just ABSOLUTELY ROCKS BTW) and have started Batman: Arkham City (wichis EVEN BETTER).

On occasion I play some Serious Sam, L4D2 and Minecraft with my cousins.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Ditto, but I'm getting a bit pissed off at the terrible legendary drop rate/quality.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I'm playing State of Decay.
you know that open world zombie RPG. was always interested in it but had already been burned out on zombie games for awhile. decided to buy it recently bundled with the DLC and really enjoying it so far.

haven't let anyone die but I'm only a couple of days into my arrival at the church.
just met the army.
I was playing this for while but an update from the devs broke the game. It was fixed after a week but I haven't gotten back into it. I haven't gotten into a lot of zombie apocalypse games but this one isn't so bad. It's pretty much a game I can play for a while and then put down again.......

I've finished BioShock Infinite and the DLCs, the main game rocks, the DLCs are pretty, but to me the storyline on them feels forced and an unnecessary attempt to connect the BioShock 1 and Infinite storylines and deal with the whole Daisy Fitzroy controversy.

Since then I've finished Batman: Arkham Asylum (game just ABSOLUTELY ROCKS BTW) and have started Batman: Arkham City (wichis EVEN BETTER).
I need to get back into Bioshock Infinite. I am at the final battle and I want to complete that before getting into the DLC.

I have also stalled on replaying the first two Batman games (the first two I had to start replays of because the death of GFWL killed my game saves) while playing Arkham Origins. Arkham Origins is just as good as Arkham City; in my opinion.

Playing:

Up until a couple of weeks ago I was replaying Mass Effect 1 before replaying Mass Effect 2 (to further advance my new Shepherd character) before starting Mass Effect 3 which I bough recently.

I recently bought Kingdoms of Amalur on a Steam discount and I have been happily grinding away for the past two weeks (60 hours and lvl19). It's a good game for a bit of hack, slash and mana-blasting and, while being an open world that is different to the Elder Scrolls games, reminds me a bit of Morrowind. Good visuals and heaps of side quests and tons of loot with reasonable lore in it's universe. It's a lot of fun and I haven't been able to put it aside yet to get back to other games.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
so I've started playing Starpoint Gemini 2.
it's like Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous except that you don't have to be connected to a persistent online universe or other players.

(gameplay really begins @ 7:30)
[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=499AV66P-aI[/m]

what's different (and nice) about Startpoint 2 is that you're not tied to one ship or one class of ships in a single character/game.
you can be a jack-of-all-trades at any time or max out on a specific skill. if you begin the game mostly doing trade / transport to builds up your money, you can easily switch over to a combat / pirate playstyle at later stages or vise versa. you could be equally successful playing as a researcher who discovers and analyzes galactic anomalies and who deals in information instead of death or bounty. but every ship and every class and every upgrade is available from the get-go; you might just have to gain the finances and experience (or crew members) to earn it first.

http://www.starpointgemini.com/

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.starpointgemini.com/gallery/StarpointGemini2_Fighters.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.starpointgemini.com/gallery/StarpointGemini2_Customize.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.starpointgemini.com/gallery/SPG2_starchart.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.starpointgemini.com/gallery/StarpointGemini2_Screenshot6.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.starpointgemini.com/gallery/SPG2_Vigo.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

did I mention that the "map" solar system is open-world?
there's no loading screens either. you can fly to any planet or any installation/space station at any time.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
so I've started playing Starpoint Gemini 2.
it's like Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous except that you don't have to be connected to a persistent online universe or other players.

what's different (and nice) about Startpoint 2 is that you're not tied to one ship or one class of ships in a single character/game.
you can be a jack-of-all-trades at any time or max out on a specific skill. if you begin the game mostly doing trade / transport to builds up your money, you can easily switch over to a combat / pirate playstyle at later stages or vise versa. you could be equally successful playing as a researcher who discovers and analyzes galactic anomalies and who deals in information instead of death or bounty. but every ship and every class and every upgrade is available from the get-go; you might just have to gain the finances and experience (or crew members) to earn it first.

did I mention that the "map" solar system is open-world?
there's no loading screens either. you can fly to any planet or any installation/space station at any time.
I've been looking for a good space RPG and I have been disappointed by others. This sounds good; I might give this a whirl when Steam has a big discount on it.