DM-Coldcity Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
N3oDoc has released DM-Coldcity for Unreal Tournament 2004. Featuring 100% custom meshes and some new textures, I think you'll agree that it's a real looker. More details and download links can be found in the release thread.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Lots of crazy maps being released recently... Keep 'em coming!

Edit: Is it just me or is the lighting in this map completely way too bright? And why can't mappers ever remember to fix the weapon bases? :(

Last edited:

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
I'm just curious - what does it mean "fix the weapon bases"? I heard it more times. ;-) Is it just something to make them invisible? If I see somewhere in map base let say under rocket louncher - is this considered to be wrong in UT2004?

Gnome

The Gnome that knows
Feb 23, 2003
Indianapolis
wormhole.tauniverse.com
I think it's the weapon bases having the wrong skin applied to them. I'm not a great mapper so I'm not totally sure what causes it, but I think that's what he's referring to. I could be wrong, though.

Of course, exactly three people ever notice that anyway :p

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
->->->->->->->->->->->->->

I enjoyed the layout but the map has so much deco that it makes targets hard to track. The lighting being so 'bright' does nothing to highlight the player models though...

The feel of the deco was good but I'm leaning a bit towards it being overdone.

The bots played well. Thanks.........

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Gnome said:
I think it's the weapon bases having the wrong skin applied to them. I'm not a great mapper so I'm not totally sure what causes it, but I think that's what he's referring to. I could be wrong, though.

Of course, exactly three people ever notice that anyway :p

I'm not mapper neither ;-) I never saw bases in UT2004, only those... yellow dots in the air or what is it. :) That skin applied to base - did you mean transparent skin?

Last edited:

Desp2/ROG

Mar 5, 2004
Jersey
www.planetunreal.com
White lights are mostly all over the place. This map could have really poped out more with different colored lights. The big problem here might be the textures since most lean to being very dark. Thus lighting them is a pain. I like the Deco. It does feel a bit overdone but still a bit dullish because of the lack of movement. So much tech, but no moving parts.

I really want to see more movement in levels.

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
well... there's architecture similar to DM-Mako (similar with CTF-Gataka and DM-Cityzen,they seem to do similar things :D )

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Layout's too simple, hitscan dominant, lighting's too white and too bright, not enough contrast. Visuals are nice, but this map is clearly not gameplay>visuals. And then there's the weaponbase skins:rolleyes:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Gnome said:
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. The transition to the new weapon bases for UT2004 without changing the code makes the UT2003 skins appear on the bases rather than the new skins. Whenever I see that or the use of UT2003 bases or weapons with no bases at all I get saddened. :(