Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Nice Jeep.

All I got is this:
header.jpg

Now all I have to do is find someone who hasn't reached level 50 to play with.

for which system? I am playing it on 360 and so does mr prophet.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
[GU]elmur_fud;2612067 said:
*Cough*Earlier same page*cough*

Though now owned by Fiat you don't get much more American then a Jeep.

whut?! The epitome of American cars is either a Muscle Car or a Cadillac...

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
[GU]elmur_fud;2612045 said:
I was in a small accident Tuesday in my 1980 Jeep cj7. I'm fine. My jeep however, though externally it didn't look like anything changed, blew out all rear diff bearings(groan), broke a brake line(whoopty frickin doo), put a crack stem to stern in the transmission(DAMMIT!).

Since I need a daily driver after some slight deliberation it was determined that I had no choice but to get a loan on a new car. So once I had repaired and bled the brakes I drove my jeep(yes it still drove, it's an old jeep, you could blow one up and it would probably still drive) around to various dealerships till I bought this:
muhSRDY.jpg

2004 Wrangler unlimited $11k ... I got $1k trade-in on my cj7 despite everything.

Congrats! Looks like a nice Jeep.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
whut?! The epitome of American cars is either a Muscle Car or a Cadillac...

Not sure I agree or disagree with that but it isn't what I was saying.

I am referring to the fact that the Jeep was a US Army workhorse for the better part of at least half of the 20th century, tramping all over the globe at the head of our military. Nearly every American car manufacturer made a version or two as well as many foreign ones. We sold them abroad, gave them away, traded them as war commodities... It is not that it is indicative of iconic American vehicles but it is unquestionably iconically American... and it just happens to be a vehicle.

Congrats! Looks like a nice Jeep.

Thnx. I am no expert but it seemed one to me. Only 81k miles on a ten year old vehicle that looks brand new and has no history of major repairs. I interpreted that to mean a good Jeep.

Thinking of putting bigger wider tires on it to give it a less squat stance.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
[GU]elmur_fud;2612071 said:
Thnx. I am no expert but it seemed one to me. Only 81k miles on a ten year old vehicle that looks brand new and has no history of major repairs. I interpreted that to mean a good Jeep.

Seems to be. Wranglers will run forever; at least, the YJs will. I've never had a TJ and I don't know many Jeepers that have them so I can't make a very informed opinion. I know the TJs have a softer ride because coil springs vs. leaf in the front. The drawbacks are limited practicality, little-to-no comfort, and absolutely terrible gas mileage, obviously.

Jeep says 16/19 MPG factory but that's horseshit, you'll be lucky to get 15 MPG on the interstate while going downhill with a tail-wind. Don't expect miracles, but you can increase your gas mileage if you keep the speedometer at or below 65mph. Above that speed you can almost watch the fuel gauge go down in real-time.

[GU]elmur_fud;2612071 said:
Thinking of putting bigger wider tires on it to give it a less squat stance.

I'm not a fan of the long wheelbase Wranglers; they look awkward, and the entire point of having a Wrangler is the short wheelbase (for maneuverability.) I guess larger tires would make it look less awkward, at least.

If you do size up you may want to consider a tire that is closer to the factory width (again, MPG.) A 31" diameter tire will affect your MPG, but not as much as the same tire @ 10.5" width, which is 2" wider than factory. Throw in a 2" suspension lift and a light bar, and my Wrangler averaged 8 MPG D:

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Seems to be. Wranglers will run forever; at least, the YJs will. I've never had a TJ and I don't know many Jeepers that have them so I can't make a very informed opinion. I know the TJs have a softer ride because coil springs vs. leaf in the front. The drawbacks are limited practicality, little-to-no comfort, and absolutely terrible gas mileage, obviously.

Jeep says 16/19 MPG factory but that's horseshit, you'll be lucky to get 15 MPG on the interstate while going downhill with a tail-wind. Don't expect miracles, but you can increase your gas mileage if you keep the speedometer at or below 65mph. Above that speed you can almost watch the fuel gauge go down in real-time.

I'm not a fan of the long wheelbase Wranglers; they look awkward, and the entire point of having a Wrangler is the short wheelbase (for maneuverability.) I guess larger tires would make it look less awkward, at least.

If you do size up you may want to consider a tire that is closer to the factory width (again, MPG.) A 31" diameter tire will affect your MPG, but not as much as the same tire @ 10.5" width, which is 2" wider than factory. Throw in a 2" suspension lift and a light bar, and my Wrangler averaged 8 MPG D:

Thnx for the advice. I am just going to quote it so it is easier to find for me via search later.

Yeah the ride on my cj7 with those leaf springs sucked nads. It was made all the worse by the dead 20yr old (at least) shocks. I'm not a fan of the long wheelbase Wranglers either, but I needed a new vehicle and I was attempting to be logical about picking one in a price range I was comfy going into debt over and that I was fairly confident wasn't going to break down constantly.

Something to scare the Daily Mail reading sheeple, a Böker Plus XS:

2ebs5yh.jpg

I have a WWII era Böker that was on what remained (guessing) of a German soldier my grandpa encountered that had stepped on a land mine. It is extremely battered but still functional. I have another Böker from the late 90's the quality difference is saddening.

Last edited:

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Yep, I've heard that in recent years Böker stuff made in Solingen can be a bit hit & miss with QC, Böker Plus stuff made in China even more so. Seems I got a bit lucky with this one as the fit & finish is fine, especially for the price.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
"Looking for Alaska". Life-changing words. "Looking for my keys". Morning changing words.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
this is the part where you're supposed to quote the quote...

"I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a girlfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked into my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."

I'm getting "I was drizzle & he was a hurricane".

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
I'm getting "I was drizzle & he was a hurricane".

Don't do it. Its a cheesy sentence from a pubescent teen diary that may seem significant now, but the appeal will (hopefully) fade. The tattoo won't.