JB map pack #2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
*bump*

The list so far is:

* JB-Coralation (ZedMaestro)
* JB-Gravity (Hazel)
* JB-Galactica (RevBillyG)
* JB-Chrome (CoolDude) (conversion)
* JB-ScorchedEarth (Rob) (conversion)
* JB-Crusher2 (RevBillyG) (utjb remake)
* JB-Furia (ZedMaestro) (utjb remake)
* JB-Relic (ZedMaestro) (utjb remake)

That's 8 maps.
Some questions we might want to ponder: do we want a pack with that many remakes & conversions? Should we wait until we have more maps so we can have a 'conversions' pack and a 2nd remake pack? Or is it good to have a mix?

I think we should decide on this reasonably soon, as having a long list of maps to download one by one is a hindrance to joining the mothership, I think.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
JB-Cyanide is in its final beta. Can have that released whenever I am happy I definetly have no bugs in it.

I think having 2 seperate map packs, one with conversions/remakes and another with new maps would be better

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
any updates on this ? i had to reinstall ut yesterday ( :( ) & it was actually a pain in the a* to dl every single map...

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
The questions we need to answer are:

1) Who has the time and the know-how to compile a pack?
2) Do we want a mixture of conversions, remakes & new maps, or do we wait until each of those categories has enough maps?

I think 6-8 maps is about right for a pack, and waiting for enough new maps could take a while.

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
Unless I've missed any the current list is:

* JB-Coralation (ZedMaestro)
* JB-Gravity (Hazel)
* JB-Galactica (RevBillyG)
* JB-Divergence (Hazel)
* JB-Cyanide (The_Head)
* JB-Nyx (INI)

* JB-SpaceLego (4WD) (conversion)
* JB-EpicBoy2k4-Classic (4WD) (conversion/remake)
* JB-Chrome (CoolDude) (conversion)
* JB-ScorchedEarth (Rob) (conversion)
* JB-Crusher2 (RevBillyG) (utjb remake)
* JB-Furia (ZedMaestro) (utjb remake)
* JB-Relic (ZedMaestro) (utjb remake)

which makes 6 new and 7 remakes/conversions, so you could probably do a 2 packs straight off.

Personally I keep my own .7z file with all the custom maps in it and just update it whenever a new one is released :D.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I'm aiming to include the maps that are on the mothership, so for the new ones that's 4. We could wait until Isolated is released and release the remakes pack first.

We should make a UMOD package. Who knows how to do that?

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
Spacelego was there, because I played it :p. I guess it doesn't show up until it's available to vote again.

UMOD format is a nice idea, but I'd still like a non-UMOD archive available for download as well.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
As Aersik said, 2 seperate packs would be the best, Nice and easy.

Aersik said:
Personally I keep my own .7z file with all the custom maps in it and just update it whenever a new one is released :D.

I just keep all the maps I have downloaded on my hdd from when I originally downloaded them.... got enough hdd space.
Maybe should order them, reinstalled whole pc last wednesday, got UT in on friday specnt quite a while finding everything to install in again, maybe should organise it a bit.....

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Right... one round of forum spamming & thread bumping later... :)

This is the list for map pack #2.
The new maps will wait for a future pack, so JB-Isolated can be in it :)

• JB-SpaceLego (4WD) (conversion) thread
  • JB-EpicBoy2k4-Classic (4WD) (conversion/remake) thread
  • JB-Chrome (CoolDude) (conversion) thread
  • JB-ScorchedEarth (Rob) (conversion) thread
  • JB-Crusher2 (RevBillyG) (utjb remake) thread
  • JB-Furia (ZedMaestro) (utjb remake) thread
  • JB-Relic (ZedMaestro) (utjb remake) thread

Now we need to make sure all these maps are as bug-free as possible.

Last edited:

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
Hi Tarq, The last of the bugs have been found and fixed. Atlantis has been released on both Nali under mapper name BarbWyre and MapRaider under mapper name AcydBurn.

A lot of forum members helped with this project and it has been refined to the point that it now gets on my last nerve, lol, but I guess that is a good thing. It plays well and looks good. Consider it for the pack, please.