JB-Gael

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
gael.gif

Theres the new death sequence.
Walls come in from the side to make the area smaller, then you are splatted.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Probably, I always join via UT2004 so don't have that problem.

Had an idea for an alternate Gael based JB map. One Gael, with both switchs in the middle with jails either side / below. Would play a bit like King of the Hill. I think ZedMaetro suggested doing this as an idea quite a while back.

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Pretty much done the map now.
(I wish all maps could be done this quick)
Just need to sort out an arena (maybe another GAEL!!!!)
and then can upload for a beta2, that *should* be all that is needed.
You can go bug hunting Ini :)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
The_Head said:
Theres the new death sequence.
Looking good. :)
The_Head said:
Just need to sort out an arena (maybe another GAEL!!!!)
Yes, of course! :D (With 50shield instead of big powerup :p)

ZedMaestro said:
You do know about WarpZone limitations yes?
Yes, I did some experiments with WarpZones long ago. :D They were a real disaster, but there was something fun on them. I agree they have too many limitations, add to the list that sounds and fog can't go through them. :(
Once I used them to make a cube in which both floor and ceiling were walkable and I got twice as much trouble as normal Warps. Some curious things that happened where the LinkGun fire trajectory refracted, and Spiral Rocket fire literally bounced. :lol:

Tried the Warp in this one already (No HOMs, and no flickery effect when going through them :D). It was quite interesting that you had 2 opposite paths to attack the base, but the limitations suck. Not something to have in combat areas as Ikkuh said... :rolleyes:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
G.Lecter said:
Tried the Warp in this one already (No HOMs, and no flickery effect when going through them :D). It was quite interesting that you had 2 opposite paths to attack the base, but the limitations suck. Not something to have in combat areas as Ikkuh said... :rolleyes:
I guess you can embed a mutator that leaves you with only Projectile weapons, but it could conflct with other mutators.
Tweaked the death even more now, looks good now, just going to add some different colours of blood in, just to giv it more of a mix. Might even put some chunks of body in there, lol.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
i only played it for a quick few mins after waking up and the loadingscreen made laugh my ass off but also reminded me of how lame this map was actually going to be :D To be fair it would play great as insta. Found a few bugs....all of the xemitters show "through" the grate textures. set bDeferRendering=False on the xemitters. Put a limitation volume over the jail pls for the trans. And just a few mesh alignments, heres an example in the screeny, its on all of them i guess, as you copied and pasted the map.. hehe
oh and also in those "pits" no projectiles can go down them, they get destroyed straight away.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
INIQUITOUS said:
in those "pits" no projectiles can go down them, they get destroyed straight away.
Gael is like that normally, without the z-kill height (level with the lasers) in those rooms you would not die and you won't fall down and enjoy the ragdoll physics. I don't see it as a major problem not being able to fire down there anyway.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
The thread is well over 2 years old and I don't have that website any more.

I've still got a version of this on my harddrive, although it was never fully completed. Guess I could release it pretty much as it is, it is just a simple bit of fun mind, nothing special.

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
there you go.

had to split it, forum doesnt allow attachments bigger than 1Mb

Attachments

• JB-Gael-beta-1-1b.part01.rar
    927.7 KB · Views: 7
  • JB-Gael-beta-1-1b.part02.rar
    611.7 KB · Views: 6