Tribes: Ascend

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
So what's with these new patch changes coming out? More content?

That stonehenge map will be put in public rotation along with another new map. And there will be a third map that will be on private servers for playtesting. Along with the already mentioned balance stuff.
And fractals finally get a bit of a nerf. \o/

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
That stonehenge map will be put in public rotation...

Unless they really improved the layout? Ugh..

... along with another new map.

Which one is it?

I'm interested in the Balance changes though.
But as far as the DMB spam goes..

Reduced damage 4% on Doombringer's Chain Cannon.

Reduced damage 5% on Doombringer's Chaingun.

Right now it's 100 from close with the Chaingun and 120 with the ChainCannon. So what, 95 from close with the chaingun? MEGANERF'd!

If DMB's pisses you off right now, they still will post-patch.

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Light armors complaining about the damage from a heavy? Oh noes! Here's a hint...don't stand toe-to-toe with a heavy. Do what you're good at and tuck your tail between your legs and run like a little biatch!

A heavy should do heavy damage, even if it's at a fast rate to make up for their immobility. If you are a light and dying from a DMB enough to cry about it then you're doing it wrong.

...and yes, I'm hopped up on cold medicine and maybe a bit cranky.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
The majority of times that a DMB is mowing down lights, is when they are trying to grab a flag he is standing on. They have to fly straight at him, making themselves insanely easy to trace. 5% won't change a thing.

It will, however, help level out the playing field dueling vs other heavies, who DMBs usually obliterate due to the more powerful auto, vs the slower moving larger targets.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
DMBs are there to stand on flags. That's their role and that's why they're so good at it. They don't need a nerf. Where DMBs fail is that they have no long range capability whatsoever, so any Brute, Jug or Raider can just keep them off the stand - and there's nothing the DMB can do about it because they're too slow to get out there (ergo leaving the stand) and they have no weapons that effectively reach.

Brutes obliterate DMBs, they can two-shot them with the Devastator or three shot them with the splash from either of the Heavy spinfusors. The Heavy Twinfusor will be even nastier.

The real problem is Juggernauts, who have the best of both worlds. They have a ranged weapon with high damage and enormous blast... paired with an effective short ranged rapid fire weapon. They have no weaknesses that can be easilt exploited. If the Heavy Twinfusor is a primary for the Juggernaut (it should be on the Brute ffs), they'll be even worse.

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Well, I just plain disagree there. Even with a good dueling equipped JUG, going FM/X1/SD, I usually win with CG. BRTs are getting better, but I still don't think they do well against the CG. IMO, the CG is the most powerful heavy weapon in the game, and is probably second overall to the TCN4.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
If there are brutes/juggs in our genroom, I usually go for them with my DMB kit. The shots disrupt their vision and deal so much damage.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Something really beats me.

If the game is "2 EZ", then why don't they play on the losing team? Or even better, work on making a CV and applying places? That must be "2 H4RD".

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Well now your arguments are getting circular. Yeah, if you have long ranged bombardment, that's what you do. For fear of the CG. Ultimately it's a team game. I usually spot as many long range threats as a DMB HoF as I do mow down close range threats. Sometimes my team helps, sometimes I have to wait out disc spamming BRTs and Mortar spamming JUGs. I think the problem is when you cluster a flag stand, only to have a single heavy spree, because he's got said weapon.

I'm not saying I think the nerf is needed, but I don't think it's unjustified either.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
"It's gonna take a lot of teamwork to grab the flag"
Yea, right. Gonna be so hard for a few to raid the Gen and force the flag to the roof

And the game is going to be even more explosive spam and ZipZoomWEEEEE with all the buffs
Increased radius on each explosion sequence of Brute’s Gladiator.
Increased damage 33% on final explosion sequence of Brute’s Gladiator.
o_O
Increased projectile collision size on all Spinfusors, Bolt Launchers, and Thumpers to 10 (as a reference, Plasma Guns are 35). This will make mid-airs and direct hits more forgiving.
o_O

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Temple Ruins has completely changed. I haven't been able to wrap my head around it yet. It's now really open and there's a line of sight between bases, so Sentinels are going to love it.

Base assets are redundant and the generator is now behind the flag.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Female voice pack with the Free Runner skin? :D

D:

It works only for yourself right?

Well, that looks like a sweet update, eye-grabbing skins for once and the twinfuser looks fucking polished. I'm not sure how well the generator map will do (Flag exposed when gen is down), but it sounds mostly like a gimmick "I wanted to do something cool" doesn't mean it will actually work. Every maps has the gen working independently with the flag, that's the point.

Last edited: