COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
iwpcgamers.png

Dedicated%20Servers.png

edit: AHAHHAHA very nice screenshot Snow White.

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=boycott&vars=&game=cod4&num=100

[screenshot]http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/15395896827a67ca5a9472dcedd27a094c700eb0.png[/screenshot]

Last edited:

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
I'm not buying this immediately as I did with WAW. The ui and game is pretty whatever. Can't wait to see how sales are going to be.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Code:
[url=http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/26/modern-warfare-2-will-feature-3rd-person-mode-for-playlists/]MW2 will have 3rd person![/url]

haha_oh_wow.jpg

Mar 6, 2004
They shoulda made this cod 360/ps3 only because nothing has changed for them, just us PC guys. I guess i'll wait for MW3 (cod 8) for the multiplayer, and just play the SP which looks sick.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
I guess i'll wait for MW3 (cod 8) for the multiplayer, and just play the SP which looks sick.

What makes you think any CoD's after this one will be different?

Sadly, since most gamers are all talk and no substance when it comes to a boycott, and undoubtedly will buy this one regardless, IW/Activision will learn only one thing from this: They can do it, and people will bend over and fork over their dosh, and they will do it again.

Sadly, this is a loose/loose situation for us PC gamers, even if we could pull off a massive boycott, the Console players would still buy it, so what can we really win here? that IW/Activision will just skip the PC in the future? that seems likely..

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I apparently will get a copy of this so I will let you all know how awful it really is.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Sadly, since most gamers are all talk and no substance when it comes to a boycott, and undoubtedly will buy this one regardless, IW/Activision will learn only one thing from this: They can do it, and people will bend over and fork over their dosh, and they will do it again.
The other day Fullbleed said MW2 was the #3 pre-order on Steam. D:

Sadly, this is a loose/loose situation for us PC gamers, even if we could pull off a massive boycott, the Console players would still buy it, so what can we really win here? that IW/Activision will just skip the PC in the future? that seems likely..
Pretty much. IWNET sounds like the perfect way to push through the idea that PC gamers aren't worth caring for. If they can say to their shareholders that they built a "perfect" multiplayer solution for PC and the game was still pirated at XX% rate, then it's possible they can convince whoever's in charge that they simply shouldn't bother anymore.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
The other day Fullbleed said MW2 was the #3 pre-order on Steam. D:

Yeah, lovely isen't it?

Spare me Theseus, for i am the mighty Minotaur! We have witnessed your sins and we seek vengance! Our collective might will punish the wicked! Tremble now before the soft squishy resolve of the PC gamer! Take our money and fear us!! ..pretty please?

Pretty much. IWNET sounds like the perfect way to push through the idea that PC gamers aren't worth caring for. If they can say to their shareholders that they built a "perfect" multiplayer solution for PC and the game was still pirated at XX% rate, then it's possible they can convince whoever's in charge that they simply shouldn't bother anymore.

Nah, i don't think the idea is to kill off CoD for the PC (there would be no MW2 for the PC if that where the case), there is still some extra money to be made here, atleast for now, and so they will.

Nope, seems to me that it's all about cost effeciency and control, why spend the extra man houers makeing PC specific features like Dedicated server support when you fully expect this platform to sell fewer copies? why that's not cost effecient! and besides, if we have to rely on their servers, it's a whole lot easier to make us buy overpriced DLC down the road, and when time comes to roll out the next game, it'll be pretty easy to make us go buy that aswell, you just shut down enough servers that playing the old one becomes unattractive.

Maddenites are a tiresomely predictable bunch, they need their franchise fix, so why kill them off when you can just herd them instead? sure there may be riots in the streets for a short while after you jack up the prices, but it'll die down soon enough, and they will come crawling right back money in hand.