[UT] Default Health and other settings

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Dumb question. Where are things like the default starting health (i.e. 100 hit points) stored in UT? I can't find a defaultproperties or such anywhere that says Health = 100.

After doodling around with a silly HUD mutator, I decided that I'd like to implement a brandy-new damage system that got away from the HP/Armor pattern. What I want to do is have a threshold system where any damage that is less than the threshold is ignored, but the player has relatively few hit points beyond that threshold's maximum. As the player takes more and more damage, his/her threshold goes down, making it easier to get past. I havn't decided if the threshold will recover in time, or if it requires an item to restore.

For those who play Halo, it would be a little bit like the M.C.'s shield. I think it would be funny (and rather shameless) to include Halo-like shield effects, which would be easy to do with UT's shieldbelt effect. I'm probably not going to do that, though.

Continuing the tradition

In keeping with my previous dumb question, I feel I should ask another one:

I poked throught the Pawn class looking for default properties, and couldn't find it. Only when I rightclicked on Pawn in UnrealEd did I get the option to check out the defaultproperties. Why is this, and where are these values stored in-code?

Mychaeel

I suggest you export the UnrealScript sources (as described on UnrealScript Source Code) and browse them outside UnrealEd. A class browser tool like UnCodeX makes that far more convenient than it is in UnrealEd and even adds features like full-text search and more.

In exported source code, default properties are specified in a separate code block at the end of every class. See Unreal Wiki: Default Properties.