Build Menu

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

InvisiboBU

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed USkaarj and when I try to play it I can't activate the Build menu so when I went to check the controls I noticed Unreal got rid of the key I had bound to it. I rebound it again and it still unbound it. What do I type in the USkaarjUser.ini to bind the key to the menu?

livingtarget

BulletCatcher
Mar 15, 2002
Aberdeen
I think they have binded those keys on their format only b should be built c should be classes menu p = teamselection... Anyway it seems like you need 2 people on the server ready then start the match or can you start a match with only 1 player? It's kinda confusing because you hit start match and it doesnt say anything :(

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
were you playing with other people or were you just starting a game to test it out by yourself??

Also tell me all the steps you did to start the game. and I will tell you if you did anything wrong.

Last edited:

InvisiboBU

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I did both and when I started it over the LAN it gives me the class menu I think, because when I press "c" it goes away and I press it again it comes back(It lists Nali, Pupae, Skaarj, etc. and a few buildings like a power building and the base).

I installed it using the umod, and then I opened USkaarj.bat and edited the prefrences like sound, video, connection, and controls. Then I want to Start New Multiplayer Game, checked out what the options were, chose seige and began it. I joined Team one and selected Skaarj and clicked Ready. On the other comp I started it up using uskaarj.bat and clicked on Find LAN games (after customising) and joined and selected team 2, and I think I tried to select NEG but it came out Skaarj so I mighta just hit Skaarj, then I hit ready then start match. Then I got the class menu.

InvisiboBU

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
http://mproductions.ionichost.com/binds.jpg

My vid card is a GF4 Ti 4200.

It binds to all the keys except the build menu...it always empties that one...

What's the name? I read Uskaarj-readme.txt and that says nothing about keys except q is for grouping and shift is to make waypoints.

Also I just realised that when I press "s" it shows the resource menu and looks down. To activate the team selection I press "p" I think.

Last edited:

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
Ok there is a bug with the key bind menu
put the key you want to bind in the Command menu slot
and put the key you want to bind in the team selection slot

see if this works for you ;)

oh one more thing so when the game does start the build menu is not open?? is that what are saying, if so thats one more bug on the to do list of fixes we have to fix

InvisiboBU

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Ok thanx it does work...And yes the build menu is automatically there, but I mistook it for a different menu :\ so sorry for the confusion. Thanx again for the help :D

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
there is no singleplayer
but for testing it out and getting use to the controls go into the Uskaarj.ini file and set Checkplayers to false
but make sure you set it back to True when done testing ;)