Launch X-LOC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Butress

The Bearer of Humpage
Jan 13, 2000
Visit site
tele-humping is the way to go.

its quick...

its easy...

and it leaves you with that great satisfied feeling.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
j00 silly buggers :D What'll we do with you huh?

And Butress, just be sure you hUmp your own beacon... you don't want Morety for instance suddenly turning up astride you hehe ;)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
is it even possible to hit it out of the air? Now THAT'S something I want to see.

I can just see n00bies tossing it in the air then cursing about not being ale to hit it... GOD DAMMIT I CAN'T HIT IT..... /me laughs at that thought

Aug 7, 2000
No,you should tell newbies to fire the X-loc up, take their IH........do a hammerjump..........and then hit the X-loc with a charged IH...........

Just imagine the tower in face where all these people are making hammerjumps and eventually die because they ran out of health.....

-Revenant

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
I've played around with telepunting offline....

but I have rarely used it in a game. Hal is right, it is kind of a cheesy tactic. Then again, I think the Redeemer is cheesy. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I've seen people telepunt on Face from the top of one tower to the other. I've telepunted on Lava to the middle cliff. But actually, it's seems easier, to get the boots and do a triple xloc to get up there.

Cryos, just drop the beacon, switch to impact hammer, get right behind it. (you may have to aim down) charge it up, (Hold down the fire button) then just let er rip. It takes a bit of practice, but not really difficult to do.

What I enjoy much more is blasting the enemies beacon, can u say "Telefrag" and they say "WTF"

|H|Alarion

Neighborhood godless fragger
Mar 30, 2000
Yorktown, VA
www.rabid-wolf.com
I don't *normally* telepunt online, as it is a little cheesy. We have played clans that do NOTHING BUT telepunt *cough*WKA*cough* ... but if we are down by a cap or more, and the time is ticking down, I will go to the top and punt over to their tower. I enjoy hanging out in front of my base and shocking all the incoming teleporters :)

As for it not being usefull in mid game, I really do beg to differ. If you have gotten the technique (if you can call it that) down, it can be very effective.

I have yet to try comboing the disc in mid air, but I can knock it a good distance on LavaGiant by comboing it from the top of the base. :)

Also, for those that haven't hammered a disc out of mid air before, it's the exact same thing as the "enhanced" tele in ExcessiveUT. Notice you even get the IH sound when you toss the tele in Excessive? :)

cryco

Quasi-Genius
Nov 23, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
Well, I did not expect a debate to arise from this but here's why I asked:
As I usually defend, it may occasionally happen that the enemy actually gets the flag :), and somehow even manages to frag me (can you believe that?). I need a good way to fly across, say lava or face, really fast, if the game is too close and bring back the flag. It's not something I would use often, but then again, why not? It's not cheating or unfair, infact, it's not easy during a game.....

this is just a test:
PH34R M3!!!!!!!!!!

cool.

cryco|PuF

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
cryco, Nobody said it was cheating....

the word is cheesy. Kind of like xloc'ing up the hole behind the Blue Base in Command, grabbing the flag and sneaking down the same hole.

It's more of something that is frowned upon, not in the same league as SpawnSniping or Portal Camping. Those tactics are totally lame.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I don't think telepunting is all that bad. Certainly not on the same cheese level as redeemerflaglaunching or portalpooping. Its like a mild cheeder perhaps. I will occasionally telepunt on a face public server, if I really want to rush over there to kill a particularly annoying spawnsniper. ;) Spawnsniping is the worst kind of cheese. Its frumunda cheese.

You all know what frumunda cheese is, don't you?

Its the cheese you get frumunda your nutz. :p

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I just get tired of playing against telepunters on Face. It's more like watching shooting stars than playing a game.

I can almost see a use for it...but launching beacons from base to base is super lame.

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yea, I tried the mid-air IH thing and was able to get the beacon from behind the blue base to in the red base. Granted, I think I hit about 10% of my attempts... it's a tough thing to do, and it's pretty funny getting into their base w/o having to move at all :)

Its the cheese you get frumunda your nutz
LMFAO!! :D