Anyone notice DE won GOTY in PC Gamer Magazine?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Not only did I notice,I was suprised at how many of PCG's choices I agreed with.Those folks are really on top of things.Dues Ex is one of the few games that can be played several times and with seemingly limitless paths to reach the several endings(and even a secret ending)

BTW-I wonder how much hidden stuff and paths are actually in that game?

WiLD2

W4NG
I'm definately enjoying the game right now. I got it with my Sound Blaster X-Gamer Live! 5.1 card, at the moment, I'm going Hacker all the way (with some lockpicking and electronics skills to complement them). All I can say at the moment is "This game rox muh balls" and I'll be playing it at least twice before it gets wiped form my computer.

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
Yes, you will buy Dues ex :). That means skip the demo and get the full game. On the subject, who has seen the secret ending? If so, then pls tell how u actually got it. I've tried using the console but that doesn't work. Sp either tell us how to gte it or post some screenies. If neone rep[plies in this forum :)

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
Yeah I noticed, and it's a well deserved award!! DE is one of the best games I've played.....now only if I could stop playing it UT style :)

And yes, after the demo you will buy this game! It's just too cool.

WiLD2

W4NG
I've got the same problem with Deus Ex. I'm so used to storming out in the open, drawing attention to myself and shock-combo-ing everyone to death. In DE I've tried to apply all my skill points to hacker, lockpick and electronics; I even took away my default skill points in "trained pistol" so I could pump more points into hacker. So I have absolutely no weapons skills and can only do damage in close range using a pistol, or long distance with my tranquilizer darts. A plus side to being a hacker is having the ability to control the auto turrets, those are weapons enough ;)
Next time through, though, I'm giving my guy full weapons skills. I may even cheat and give him full everything :D

Crager

Ahh...just a player here
Apr 30, 2000
NY
www.teamimmortal.org
The latest patch helped multiplayer.

When they first released multiplayer it lagged so much it looked like a slide show. After trying it a couple of times I gave up.

I tried it again after the latest patch and it plays good.
Seems the same as UT on-line.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
What Patch?

DX (DE just don't sound right) rules! I loved that fact that I could play hacker for a while, but momentarily switch to UT/Q3/HL guns blazen when I felt like it would make it easier. Usually after going in the front, I would find that concealed "back door" Oh well. I just want to say that it is neat how you're not stuck in any one area. My tactic though was to go mixed, paying what I could afford. By the end I was level 3 in Pistol, Sword (I thought it was cool and MIGHT be useful, it wasn't), electronics, computers, and lockpicking. Level 2 in almost every thing else.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Oh ya . . .

I got off subject didn't I? Yes, I did notice that DX got PCG GOTY. I was really suprised, not because it wasn't good enough, but because it didn't have the pizzaz that usually comes with GOTY. But this makes me VERY happy! Finally they give an award to a game which focus' on the important stuff in a game, fun, and plot. WAY too many games miss that. Oh, and I think RTS GOTY should have gone to Homworld: Cataclysm, because it is a great game and I haven't play Red Alert 2 yet.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
I would have chosen Red Alert 2 over Cataclysm. The original Homeworld was good, but I didn't like Cataclysm as much.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
Oh, btw, does anybody know what the Computer Gaming World GOTY was? I missed that issue. Did they give Deus Ex the honours too?