UT Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Well, some people wanted to see how it looks ingame with fx, so... although I won't show it "fully" with fx, here's *part* of the UltimaProtos firing sequence (by "part", I mean that sequence is still missing some ending fx, like lightnings coming out of it at a certain stage).
While "screens" aren't accurate to show, the weapon has some stuff rotating during the sequence at high speeds (like that rotor that becomes incandescent during the sequence).

UltimaSeq.png

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Ultimate troll: When release date for this comes, give out a single zip file that's full of troll face pictures.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Release date? What the hell is that?
45px-TrollFace-1-.png

Nah, I won't do that, once I announce the release date I will give the actual weapons, which btw I am trying to do everything I can to release them this year.

And talking about trolling, LOL to whoever added the tags "bla bla bla" and "spam circus", I guess I am getting some "fans" already.
Too bad whoever added them didn't had the guts to make an actual post or send me a PM (talk about cowardice, it's easier to hide behind anonymous tags lol...).
So in a note to whoever added them: I will keep updating this thread until I release this pack (which btw I don't do that frequently), so if you or anyone else have something against it, post it up or PM me ;)

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
In another note, I present a better resolution screen with the lightnings and such, and you won't see any further updates for a while (until I finish this and the next weapon in my list), so the "spam" is over for now :lol:
UltimaFinalSeq.png

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
You mean that weapon from "5th element" movie? That was a nice weapon I must say, it would give some work though lol

I know that I said "last update until...", but after showing the sequence 2 times, I thought it would be better to show the actual projectile firing as well, and this is really the end of this updating spree, I promisse lol:
UltimaFire.png

Basically, you better not stand in the way of this projectile, otherwise you will be killed before the actual blast, due to the pressure it makes while travelling (being a massive amount of energy condensed in such small form), having leaks of energy as well (the lightnings).

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
UPDATE

Well, guys, I wanted to show you the Ionizer at its fullest, however given the circumstances I can only show WIP stuff so far, and I decided to only show the whole thing at release. The Ionizer is half done and I should finish it very soon. For the ones who are wondering, this is also a "nuclear weapon", so you can imagine what this is going to do.

I think a question that keeps being asked over and over and over.... is the release date, right? Well, I wanted to release it this month (seriously), however I can't. Once again the lack of time leads me to delay the release and I don't have any Christmas vacations this year :\
BUT, here's the good news: once the Ionizer gets finished, the rest of the stuff is quite easy and fast to do by comparision, so I do not promise anything, but I will try to release it by: January or February.

Having that said, ModDB started the MOTY 2011 edition (Mod Of The Year), and I never asked this ever, but I would like to try it out this year just out of curiosity. Therefore, I would invite you guys to vote in NW3 there:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3
(voting does not require any registering, just scroll down and click the vote button)
and perhaps even vote in some great UT stuff there (like Food Fight, UT SDK, and a few others). However, if you would rather wait for the release first and perhaps vote next year or so if the mod is worth it, I totally understand, and I thank you anyway for the interest so far in this mod even after so much time after it has been announced.

And now, the Ionizer itself:
IonizerPainterShot.png

IonizerSizePlace.png

IonizerDenied.png

IonizerCountdown.png

IonizerLaunch.png

IonizerSatDeploy.png

IonizerSatellite.png

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
If the weapons are pretty darn good, I'll vote for it fo' sho next year. I love great weapon mods.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
These shots are fantastic!
I love the details like the bits of wall and debris.
I'll say it again... Fantastic!
Though I think I'm going to have to copy UT99 over to one of my faster PCs for this :eek:

A while ago you mentioned radiation poisoning will be a factor.
How will this work?

I was thinking after I posted in the Zombies thread, that what I'd suggested there may work well with this.
Players, bots and pawns could glow until healed or until exploding glowing gibs everywhere.
Higher dose of radiation = brighter glow and bigger explosion.
Could even have the gibs cause a matching amount of damage.
Suicide bombings could become a part of Nali Weapons :lol:

And again I'd still like to see radiation sick players leave a trail of urine (like Blood Trails mutator) ;)
Any one else think that would be fun?

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
A while ago you mentioned radiation poisoning will be a factor.
How will this work?
To be honest, I think I never mentioned that... can you link me to wherever I said that?

I remember though that someone asked about that but I said I wouldn't add the radiation factor (being the reason: too much power for a single weapon, even if it's a nuke having radiation poisoning is overkill).

I was thinking after I posted in the Zombies thread, that what I'd suggested there may work well with this.
Players, bots and pawns could glow until healed or until exploding glowing gibs everywhere.
Higher dose of radiation = brighter glow and bigger explosion.
Could even have the gibs cause a matching amount of damage.
Suicide bombings could become a part of Nali Weapons :lol:
Although I won't add radiation factor, that would be a very good idea for a new weapon instead :D
Also, radiation is not only a "killing" factor, radiation means also genetic modification and mutation (although it generally results in tumors for living beings and extra body parts or defecting ones in new borns), so although some would be "killed", some could actually become a lot stronger or a lot weaker.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Hmm, I thought it was in this thread, but there have been a few Nali Weapons threads. I'll have a look through UT99.org and Facbook.
It was in your reply to me, when I previously said about having the players urinate if a nuke exploded near by, and they had been shielded from the blast by a wall or building.

Anyway, like your idea of a weapon!
It would give many possibilities.
Turn a team-mate into a super-hero, or turn an enemy into a vegetable.
Nice :lol:

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Awww. we have all been waiting a long time (and we all feel that way).
This is the work of 1 very dedicated man, who also has a life, and other mods.

While you are waiting, enjoy the previous version. It is still the most awesome weapons pack known to man or Nali-kind.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Yet another update...
The Ionizer charging and nuclear blast: it starts as a small purple beam, then it cracks the floor around, then the pieces start to levitate around the beam as it starts to leak energy (ion lightnings), then BOOM, an ion shockwave emerges and a small "plasma" ball stays there as a result of the ionization of the energetic center, while the cloud around keeps having some ion based lightnings due to static energy.

Also, I take this update to say that the 2 remaining weapons already have names:
- Melee: The Executioner
- Translocator: E.T.D. (Enhanced Translocation Device)
As for what exactly they do, I will say later in the next update. Thanks everyone who sent me ideas to help me figuring out new names.
They're also the 2 last weapons I have to do for the pack.

As for the "Builder" one, CANCELLED, for now.
It will be released later with a whole new gametype using the NW3 "technology"(aka visual and flexibility features), based on the already known and popular custom gametype Siege.

It will be pretty much my own Siege version but made from scratch (new buildings, different visuals, newbie friendly and with its own team balancer), but not far from the original thing (NOTE: the objective of this new Siege is not to replace any current one, but rather give a totally new experience but keeping the "magic" behind the current Siege. WildCard is currently developing a new version of Siege and that's the one that should replace any previous version instead, I don't want to step in anyone's toes with this one).
The Builder will also come with a lot more of possibilities that will make it usable in nearly every gametype for different purposes.
I will give more details about this later after the NW3 release and after another 1-2 months UT project I will have in hands.

So, as any other update, screenshots:
IonSatSeq.png

IonStart.png

IonSequence.png

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Yet another update...
The Ionizer charging and nuclear blast: it starts as a small purple beam, then it cracks the floor around, then the pieces start to levitate around the beam as it starts to leak energy (ion lightnings), then BOOM, an ion shockwave emerges and a small "plasma" ball stays there as a result of the ionization of the energetic center, while the cloud around keeps having some ion based lightnings due to static energy.

Also, I take this update to say that the 2 remaining weapons already have names:
- Melee: The Executioner
- Translocator: E.T.D. (Enhanced Translocation Device)
As for what exactly they do, I will say later in the next update. Thanks everyone who sent me ideas to help me figuring out new names.
They're also the 2 last weapons I have to do for the pack.

As for the "Builder" one, CANCELLED, for now.
It will be released later with a whole new gametype using the NW3 "technology"(aka visual and flexibility features), based on the already known and popular custom gametype Siege.

It will be pretty much my own Siege version but made from scratch (new buildings, different visuals, newbie friendly and with its own team balancer), but not far from the original thing (NOTE: the objective of this new Siege is not to replace any current one, but rather give a totally new experience but keeping the "magic" behind the current Siege. WildCard is currently developing a new version of Siege and that's the one that should replace any previous version instead, I don't want to step in anyone's toes with this one).
The Builder will also come with a lot more of possibilities that will make it usable in nearly every gametype for different purposes.
I will give more details about this later after the NW3 release and after another 1-2 months UT project I will have in hands.

So, as any other update, screenshots:
IonSatSeq.png

IonStart.png

IonSequence.png
Looks like the Ion Painter is back. Sweet.

Have a question though. Will these weapons be able to be easily summoned by Wormbo's Arena Match and/or Stuffswapper without any complications? For example. In ChaosUT, the different ammo types got in the way of the weapon you just wanted. If I specify in Stuffswapper that I were to start with the normal CAS12, it would give me the normal CAS12 BUT when someone would pick up the weapon when they killed me, it would give them all the different ammo types.

Another example. ChaosUT. (again) The block function for the Sword won't work unless the main ChaosUT mutator is activated.

:rolleyes:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
There shouldn't be problem, although I strongly advice to use what will come with NW3 instead (the replacement and arena mutators of NW3 are made so they can be configured with additional external weapons and items, and should be much more robust, failsafe and compatible than Stuffswapper, specially since they "perfectly" replace everything without any complication of any sort, including problematic MH monsters and gametypes like LMS).

In these mutators, you can set several weapons to replace just 1 of them, and the replacement will actually autorotate weapons during the match, "loaded" command will also fully work, and also you can define if you want the subclasses of that specific weapon to be also replaced or not.

I am still going to add more options, like a filter so certain weapons only spawn in the appropriate maps (big weapons shouldn't spawn in small maps for example).

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
There shouldn't be problem, although I strongly advice to use what will come with NW3 instead (the replacement and arena mutators of NW3 are made so they can be configured with additional external weapons and items, and should be much more robust, failsafe and compatible than Stuffswapper, specially since they "perfectly" replace everything without any complication of any sort, including problematic MH monsters and gametypes like LMS).

In these mutators, you can set several weapons to replace just 1 of them, and the replacement will actually autorotate weapons during the match, "loaded" command will also fully work, and also you can define if you want the subclasses of that specific weapon to be also replaced or not.

I am still going to add more options, like a filter so certain weapons only spawn in the appropriate maps (big weapons shouldn't spawn in small maps for example).
I'm not trying to be a cock or anything but if you want to be better than Stuffswapper, you will have to have all the same features and usability that the other has at least. Or else I'm just not going to touch the replacement mutator. Again, not trying be a cock but I'm just sayin'. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've never really had any problems with Stuffswapper besides not being able to replace Unreal weapon spawns properly in MH maps which is understandable since they're UNREAL weapon spawns and not UT weapon spawns.

So if you want to make a replacement for Stuffswapper and/or Arena Match, that's fine but PLEASE make sure that it's just as good as the originals. If you can't do it then don't waste your time. Bring out those sweet looking weapons already. :D

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
I disagree, I don't have to add the same features to have a better replacer, specially since mine is different starting in the very concept of it, it's not an enhanced version, it's not a copy, it's something totally new and different.

Replacement wise mine works much better and avoids a whole set of bugs that StuffSwapper has, so yeah, StuffSwapper is a bit broken in the most basic functionalities it has, it just takes the wrong combo to have odd behaviors, and like you said it only replaces UT weapons and pickups, and mine doesn't have all the stuff hardcoded as StuffSwapper has, mine is 100% flexible and has options you cannot possibly have in StuffSwapper without remaking it completely.
Also StuffSwapper has something I personally don't like: it's intrusive, it actually writes stuff your User.ini without even asking nor having a setting to avoid it (weapon priorities), so if I have a certain custom weapon in the place I exactly want, it will get overridden by it and I will loose my configuration (the point of that was to fix the weapon priorities issue, but it's intrusive nonetheless).

Don't take me wrong though, StuffSwapper is great for simple things and as long you're careful with it and set it up properly, but if you want something more advanced and more flexible for the sake of good gameplay and game stability whatever the map and whatever the gametype, StuffSwapper is just too limited and too bug prone.

Example: the Ionizer I have shown above? It's supposed to only spawn in bigger maps since in small maps it's useless. In my replacer I can put a filter by "min map height" to only spawn it in maps which it can be used, with StuffSwapper it will be always replaced in all maps, and depending on the gametype, the weapon may become useless between 20 to 90% of the times.

And what about those spammy weapons that are only useful in big maps, or those weak one that are only useful in small maps? StuffSwapper doesn't make that distinction, mine can do it if you configure it to.

In the end it's up to you and whoever downloads the pack to use one or another, but my advice keeps: use the one provided with NW3 instead, specially if you play gametypes like MH and LMS, and specially if you want more control in how things get replaced.

I won't fix anything for StuffSwapper, so if something doesn't work there properly, don't blame me.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I disagree, I don't have to add the same features to have a better replacer, specially since mine is different starting in the very concept of it, it's not an enhanced version, it's not a copy, it's something totally new and different.

Replacement wise mine works much better and avoids a whole set of bugs that StuffSwapper has, so yeah, StuffSwapper is a bit broken in the most basic functionalities it has, it just takes the wrong combo to have odd behaviors, and like you said it only replaces UT weapons and pickups, and mine doesn't have all the stuff hardcoded as StuffSwapper has, mine is 100% flexible and has options you cannot possibly have in StuffSwapper without remaking it completely.
Also StuffSwapper has something I personally don't like: it's intrusive, it actually writes stuff your User.ini without even asking nor having a setting to avoid it (weapon priorities), so if I have a certain custom weapon in the place I exactly want, it will get overridden by it and I will loose my configuration (the point of that was to fix the weapon priorities issue, but it's intrusive nonetheless).

Don't take me wrong though, StuffSwapper is great for simple things and as long you're careful with it and set it up properly, but if you want something more advanced and more flexible for the sake of good gameplay and game stability whatever the map and whatever the gametype, StuffSwapper is just too limited and too bug prone.

Example: the Ionizer I have shown above? It's supposed to only spawn in bigger maps since in small maps it's useless. In my replacer I can put a filter by "min map height" to only spawn it in maps which it can be used, with StuffSwapper it will be always replaced in all maps, and depending on the gametype, the weapon may become useless between 20 to 90% of the times.

And what about those spammy weapons that are only useful in big maps, or those weak one that are only useful in small maps? StuffSwapper doesn't make that distinction, mine can do it if you configure it to.

In the end it's up to you and whoever downloads the pack to use one or another, but my advice keeps: use the one provided with NW3 instead, specially if you play gametypes like MH and LMS, and specially if you want more control in how things get replaced.

I won't fix anything for StuffSwapper, so if something doesn't work there properly, don't blame me.

Wait, so is this replacer of yours intended to be used just with NW3 or is it intended for other mods as well?