Major UT3 Update Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ogs

Da Bomb
Mar 3, 2006
Holy **** *splooge* sounds awesome ! Random Steam achievement support too !

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
In other words: Y'all can STFU now (they hope).

Pretty much :lol:
They said they were hiring back then, specifically for the UI job. Well, as long as it can look near or over UT2004's and remove the ****ing background map which makes menu loading a pain in the ass, it'll be already over 9000 times better.

U

Unregistered

If id can resuscitate Q3 , by golly maybe Epic can bring the tournament back to its glory...

Chandler

Self Unemployed
Jan 20, 2008
:O
<3
this isn't good though since I have two separate installations of ut3. really hoping it doesn't fubar me.

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
Looks good... except the game should have been released this way in the first place................................................................................................. steam achievements are cool feature.

U

Unregistered

UI enhancements

Holy ****
Unless it's not UWindows based in which point there will be bitching about it not being UWindows. It'd be nice if they had a screenshot or two to go with this announcement.

I don't want to oversell this feature and have you guys be disappointed. We've made a lot of specific changes to the menus to make them easier to use, like improving them for mouse use, improving the color scheme, adding a lot of options, streamlining the menu flow, and making it easier for mod authors to use. However, the enhanced UI in this patch is still recognizably based on the existing UT3 UI.

Cryton

Loafing Bast
Nov 11, 1999
London, UK
www.fce2.eu
Epic have pulled their thumbs out of their asses and are going to make UT3 the game it should have been at launch? Colour me impressed. Epic's stock just rose a few points... Here's hoping it turns out great.

G

Gunwing

*YAHOO* *GOOGLE*

I have to say this is good news. Yet I'm still sad because the latest Nvidia Drivers still mucked up UT3! IE now half the PhysX maps don't show up, and on top of that the game crashes if you enter a portal in WarFare mode now (better then then way it was before where it would crash out right but still bad IMHO)

I hope this means I can run the bloom stuff, and other stuff the way I want to and leave the post-processing at default and still have full effects for the game!

Also Epic needs to get in touch with Nvidia and fix the driver issues! We need our game to work with PhyX as well as it dose without it!

PointlesS

Mar 26, 2000
Visit site
About the Steam stuff. Is that for people who bought it on Steam or would they provide some sort of way for people to enter in their cd-keys into Steam? I know it's a longshot, but I can dream.

Regardless this update ****ing rocks.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Steam achievements... so does that mean only people with the steam version can get achievements, or can I (I have steam but I only have a regular copy of UT 2004) add UT 2004 to my steam games and also get achievements too?
(no fair if I can't get achievements - it'd give me a reason to play online again)

Epic have pulled their thumbs out of their asses and are going to make UT3 the game it should have been at launch? Colour me impressed. Epic's stock just rose a few points... Here's hoping it turns out great.

You're an idiot.

Name one game that was perfect the day it was released. I personally can't think of any. Every game needs updates, patches and bonus packs to get it to where it "should" be.

EggSuckingLeech

Jul 27, 2004
not to sound like a pessimist because this is all good of course. But isn't this list more like a patch than a major expansion? Maybe I read it too fast but I don't really see any new content. When I think "expansion" I think about more than fixes.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
not to sound like a pessimist because this is all good of course. But isn't this list more like a patch than a major expansion? Maybe I read it too fast but I don't really see any new content. When I think "expansion" I think about more than fixes.

Yes, you read it too fast. Concentrate on the first few sentences. :D

EggSuckingLeech

Jul 27, 2004
Yes, you read it too fast. Concentrate on the first few sentences. :D

You mean the part that implies there is alot more than the list you posted? Don't get me wrong - I'm hopeful and I appreciate this list. But I think my comment is right that this is just a patch list for now. If it winds up more than that, well - we'll see :)