CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I really want a CoD game to have a public, easily accessible no-bullsh*t mode. No perks, no air support, added spawn delays (even five seconds would help immensely), etc.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I really want a CoD game to have a public, easily accessible no-bullsh*t mode. No perks, no air support, added spawn delays (even five seconds would help immensely), etc.

Yes please. Not spawning on top of grenades or in cross-fire would be really handy too. Surely it can't be hard to check for grenades before dropping a player in?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
It's gotten to the point that I don't even bother participating if I spawn into a game that's going poorly for the team I'm on.

MW2 empowers those in the lead so much that there's usually not much that can be done even if a good player (I only consider myself decent on console) joins the team. Last night there was a rash of crappy games that I joined and then left immediately.

"Oh, look, six coordinating clan faggots vs. six randoms." /quit
"Oh, look, I joined a game with an enemy chopper gunner overhead." /quit
"Oh, look, 120 to 30 in DOM and we're stuck spawning at C with zero exits." /quit

Dumb.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
"Oh, look, six coordinating clan faggots vs. six randoms." /quit

Man I hate those butt-buddies in MW2. I used to only stick to Merc TDM because of the parties restriction. I'd say about 3 out of 4 of those Butt-buddies are complete twats who think they're good at the game and grief whenever the game doesn't go their way. If MW2 would involve physical contact, there would be blood spread in real life for every game if not complete murder.

Another reason why I uninstalled MW2, I play for fun, if I don't have fun anymore, I quit.

Man I miss the UT2004 days. Not this angry anonymous kid **** that has grown with console and infected PC gaming.
Most of the decent people have left for TF2 but I can't get myself into liking playing that game again.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
That reminds me of some decent lols I had last night. I joined a game toward the end and when it ended these two guys who weren't even positive were all "Oh, look at you now! 9 and 17! You ain't sh*t motherf*cker." at some guy. I guess they'd been arguing prior.

Next match is all the same people and at the end I unmuted these two specifically (I mute everyone every game). These two smack talkers are literally 6-19 and 5-21 and one of them is at the wrong end of the final killcam. He got a SPAS-12 to the dome in slow-mo and says, "Shotguns are for noobs. It's too easy to get kills with shotguns."

Oh, how I lol'd. Made me wish I had a mic so I could tell them how pathetic they were. You don't talk sh*t when there's barely ten kills between you and your buddy, bro.

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
[screenshot]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8789/iw3mp2010042523294026.png[/screenshot]

wewt cod4 ftw Maybe ill have a team that can keep up one day *dreams*

edit stupid screenshot be screenshot shaped.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
question: why would someone continue to play a game that they are also constantly complaining about?

that seems to be the story of this entire thread.
to be fair I still play 4 and MW, and I'll play if I'm with people.
but when I see people play this game alone, when they're like all serious, it breeds a particular sort of love/hate that I've never really seen before. or maybe it just comes with the territory of "competitive" (lightly) gaming.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
question: why would someone continue to play a game that they are also constantly complaining about?

but when I see people play this game alone, when they're like all serious, it breeds a particular sort of love/hate that I've never really seen before. or maybe it just comes with the territory of "competitive" (lightly) gaming.

I always complain, but what else is there to play? My complaining is not weapons, it's myself. I'm overcompetitive when playing an FPS. If i am not owning, i am yelling at myself to do better or whatever. Last time i had fun playing a video game was the U2XMP days. I can't find a game to stick with without getting super bored of it and it makes playing it feel like i am grinding in an MMO. Once i am bored of a game i stop playing and get some really bad suck streaks going on. I am also fatigue most of the days which helps out.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I always complain, but what else is there to play? My complaining is not weapons, it's myself. I'm overcompetitive when playing an FPS. If i am not owning, i am yelling at myself to do better or whatever. Last time i had fun playing a video game was the U2XMP days. I can't find a game to stick with without getting super bored of it and it makes playing it feel like i am grinding in an MMO. Once i am bored of a game i stop playing and get some really bad suck streaks going on. I am also fatigue most of the days which helps out.
This is your brain's way of telling you to shut the f*cking PC/console off and go outside. Breathe the air. Talk to a member of the opposite sex. You know, live your life.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
This is your brain's way of telling you to shut the f*cking PC/console off and go outside. Breathe the air. Talk to a member of the opposite sex. You know, live your life.

Wait, you want a new game to play? **** that **** faggot, why don't you just go outside and have sex with girls like me? :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK

I don't complain. I just inform people that they aren't as good as me :lol: