TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Speaking of maps. How many are there because so far all the servers I've been on they all use the same 3 or 4 maps.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
There's plenty of maps, but most people just want to play Dustbowl, Gold Rush, Badwater, and Gravel Pit over and over and over and over again.

I would look for a server that says "rotation" in its name, indicating it cycles through various maps.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
IIRC later versions actually have some textures - the only thing that remains orange is the tower.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
This game is a little to addictive... I was just playing for like 4 hours without realizing it. I gotta be careful.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
This game is a little to addictive... I was just playing for like 4 hours without realizing it. I gotta be careful.

Yeah, TF2 does this to me in a way no game has since the original Unreal Tournament. Still heavily addicting, even after over a year of playing it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I can't get into this game at all, even after owning it for as long as I've owned UT3. I die all the time, no matter what level I do, I hardly ever get any kills, I have to wait for the boring and lame respawn timer every time as well. I always quit out of frustration and it takes me several months to try it again.

Nothing like TFC :(

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Let me know if you're still addicted like that in a month.

Oh come on. People will get tired of any game after playing it every day. Except for Counter Strike. Literally 10 years old and still the holy grail of online gaming. It baffles me. It really does. Over 60,000 players right now and it's 2:30 AM on a weekday. You gotta be kidding me.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Had some fun tearing it up as a pyro last night. :D I went back to using the regular Flamethrower, and I'm finding it's really useful as a tool for defending control points. Set 'em on fire and blast 'em away!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Not necessarily boring, but you may feel like taking a step back. You said you played 4 hours without realizing.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah true, I most likely wont be that obsessed in a month. :D

This is how I should have worded it.

I know it's like that for every games, but Steam games always get this on me. I am fully addicted to their games (L4D, TF2), then I completely get off after a while. I'm sure it's their "team dependency" concept that grows old on me.

I'd play TF2 again, just for the kick of it. However, I forgot to back it up, and I'm very thin in download limit this month until the 12th. I doubt I could get into it again but I'd like to try. Feel free to add me on Steam if I ever get on it, we could do some Medic/Heavy runs.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Kantham, have you ever checked if your ISP is a Steam content provider? If they are, you can likely download from Steam for free.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I finally managed to get in first playing the Spy today. I also discovered a kick ass Map for spying. It's called cp_well I loved it.

I'm so proud of this screenshot rofl.

I also saw a guy named Big Al and thought it was the same guy from here. I asked but did'nt get a response from him.

Attachments

• TF2 First.jpg
    TF2 First.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Kantham, have you ever checked if your ISP is a Steam content provider? If they are, you can likely download from Steam for free.

Nothing is "free". I go at their website, and check the bandwidth usage, no matter what I download/upload, the bar is filling up, I have 30 GB allowed each month. TF2 is 3.7GB, so I am going to download it again later this month.