ut2k7 demo release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the_STINGer

Dec 3, 2005
i think the ut2k7 demo aka citystreets 2 will be released on christmas, you guys here do good job, making polls suggeSTING(hhhhh) what you want to see on the next ut, for your knowlege becuase epic is tring to do the game like the gamers want it it seems that many of the things discuseed on these forums will be on the game, for example-ut2k7 doesnt includes adrenaline &has the old power-ups and theres more, keep on the good work.

rhirud

Fast learning novice
Feb 20, 2004
Why do you think that?

I'm not saying you're wrong; but am intrigued as to where this came from. Because I thought the demo would be out in two weeks.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I could suggest millions of things, and they would use all the ideas! But it will still take some time to implement it ;)!

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Ah come on, it had to be said...

the_STINGer said:
i think the ut2k7 demo aka citystreets 2 will be released on christmas, you guys here do good job, making polls suggeSTING(hhhhh) what you want to see on the next ut, for your knowlege becuase epic is tring to do the game like the gamers want it it seems that many of the things discuseed on these forums will be on the game, for example-ut2k7 doesnt includes adrenaline &has the old power-ups and theres more, keep on the good work.

Do you know Robert?

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
Crowze said:
I don't think they will release a demo almost a year before the estimated release date, it just wouldn't do either them or us any good.
Well it's planned to be released in april-june 2006(or maybe late 2006 or sometime 2007 since they have decided to test play the game for a while), so it won't necessarily be a year if they let out a demo before or right after chirstmas.
I personally think that 6 months is still to much though.

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
the_STINGer said:

What exactly are you inhaling? I don't think its good for you.

the head

Dec 3, 2005
anyway the demo is to be released in late2005, for thoes of you who think thats not right because the demo is to be released shortly prior to the game, then you probaly havent heared it would come out on the 1st Quarter of 2006!!!, i also have a comment on the issue of dropping adrenaline of the game, youre right, excepet that there will be a mutator that will add it to the game.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
UT4 = Q3

the head said:
anyway the demo is to be released in late2005, for thoes of you who think thats not right because the demo is to be released shortly prior to the game, then you probaly havent heared it would come out on the 1st Quarter of 2006!!!, i also have a comment on the issue of dropping adrenaline of the game, youre right, excepet that there will be a mutator that will add it to the game.

There is no chance whatsoever of UT4 showing in Q1 2006. My guess would be June-July at the very earliest. I'd expect a demo to show up maybe a month in advance.

Actually, I'm fairly sure that Epic have flat-out stated that UT4 will be no earlier than Q2. Anyone got a confirmation of that?

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I want it to come out, so that I can check, if my computer can run it... 1,7Ghz Ati Radeon 9100 128, 768 DDR ram =D

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
briach said:
The game would be guaranteed to be good, if it had millions of people play testing it for a year. :D

This would be quite awesome, especially if they listen. Though, I don't know why they would release a demo this early unless they were ready to listen to input from other people.

the head

Dec 3, 2005
"There is no chance whatsoever of UT4 showing in Q1 2006. My guess would be June-July at the very earliest. I'd expect a demo to show up maybe a month in advance."
go to ign &see their latest interview, with the PRODUCER of ut2k7,jeff moris saying that epic is holping to release ut2k7 at the q1 06' same time as GoW. the release date youre talking about is a patch that will increase the number of players to 64.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
I'd be worried if they *did* finish it before then. Rushed = Bad

the head said:
"There is no chance whatsoever of UT4 showing in Q1 2006. My guess would be June-July at the very earliest. I'd expect a demo to show up maybe a month in advance."
go to ign &see their latest interview, with the PRODUCER of ut2k7,jeff moris saying that epic is holping to release ut2k7 at the q1 06' same time as GoW. the release date youre talking about is a patch that will increase the number of players to 64.

1) There's a quote button under people's posts, click on that to add their post to yours as a quote.

2) Games slip. UT4 will slip. Not that that's nessesarily a bad thing, it means longer to make sure it's the best game possible. I'd put money on UT4 not being ready until the summer (june/july).

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Even then, it's hard to believe it's only 6ish months away. I remember hearing about it and thinking it's so far off I shouldn't even be thinking about it. Now it feels like it's at least an imaginable amount of time away from being in my hands :)

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
I'd be stoked if they releaesed it soon, but it might not be the best move unless they are getting money from hardware companies, because if it doesn't run on top of the line hardware from 2 years before, it drastically hurts sales. Right now there seems to be a drought in good PC games, however, and if they don't start taking advantage of it by releasing and marketing ue3 they will be thowing away an opportunity.

But then again they probably could have made ue3 a monster and optimized it enough to run on old gen hardware. Whenever it gets released I'll buy new hardware.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Let's hope the marketing is widespread and well executed

Well, if it does show next spring (which I still think is unlikly), then it would be roughly two years since the arrival of UT2004.

Also, once a major game get's to within 6 months of launch, I'd expect to start seeing more info of it being released, but outside of the initial burst of stuff a while ago there's been nothing whatsoever.

My uneducated guess would be june/july release with the marketing storm starting in the new year.