Please help with mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LedZep

k last title kinda gay :p
allright, a couple of questions for a mutator im making:

How do i write sruff at the bottom of the screen, Example. "You got the flag, return to base"

How do i tell a bot to go to a specific vector (and look at a specific rotator but thats optional) and stay there for a specific amount of time?

how do i get a bot to support a specific pawn, i think its:
var pawn P;
var bot B;
B.supportingplayer = P;
but im not sure.

and last, how do i tell a bot to hunt down a specific pawn (not only attitude or setenemy but actually HUNT DOWN the pawn)

i hope someone can help me with those problems.
those are my last questions so i wont bother u guys anytime soon :)

thanks alot!

aspie

It's all good baby.
Feb 24, 2001
Australia
1. You can send a message to a pawn, but if the message is important or must stay while a certain action is happening you should use the HUD.

2. Don't know, sorry

3. Do you mean like follow around and take hits for the player or just follow his path.

4. Not sure

LedZep

k last title kinda gay :p
1. how do i do that?

2. thats ok, no problem

3. i mean follow around and attack whoever is attacking him (king of like "cover me" but for other pawns, not only playerpawn)

4. dont worry about it

thanks, hope to hear from you soon! ;)

Blödsinn machen

cannon fodder
Dec 4, 2001
Switzerland
dwmade.stormpages.com
how do i get a bot to support a specific pawn, i think its:
var pawn P;
var bot B;
B.supportingplayer = P;
but im not sure.

the function:
Code:
 SetOrders(name NewOrders, Pawn OrderGiver, optional bool bNoAck)
in class Bot sets the bot orders and is used by the "Cover Me" menu option by setting OrderGiver to the player. If you set OrderGiver as another bot then the bot that received that order will act accordingly. this works exactly the same as "Cover Me", but for a bot...

Blödsinn machen

cannon fodder
Dec 4, 2001
Switzerland
dwmade.stormpages.com
sorry, but I haven't got any ideas about your second problem at the moment.

but as for writing a message at the bottom of the screen, it might help if you look at the CTFMessage2 and ChallengeCTFHUD.
the ChallengeCTFHUD checks, in each call to timer, the state of the MyFlag variable (which is your team's flag), and if you have the flag or the flag has been taken, it issues your HUD either a CTFMessage or a CTFMessage2. this check takes place every second, so it will appear as though the text drawn on your screen (e.g. "The enemy has your flag, recover it!") is constantly being updated. check it out...