Suggestions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
thatd be great if a server could be set up to run mods on a rotating basis...
i was hoping to do something like that with maps and gametypes just when the shakeup happened at PU and now im not sure what to do with my proposal...
hope you guys do set something up somehow! :)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by {SOL}ist{ICE}
Any chance that PU might be able to help you out with this?

*shudder*

PU might have helped when the now-Beyondunreal-team was still running it, but I wouldn't look for Gamespy to help out the tiniest bit.

They axed Nalicity and I'm quite frankly surprised they haven't axed Modsquad yet for using BuF's forums. That's all the reason they would need in their eyes.

[U2]-SUlfUR-CyCLoNe

The one, the only, RoboCock!..er, nm
Nov 29, 2001
Modesto, CA, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Nah, you guys wouldn't be able to handle our m4d skillz. :D

The modsquad staff would walk all over you guys with our slow internet connections and bad reviews! lol.

Seriously though, I think a modsquad server would be badass. The school I go to is going to setup an on-site server for our own onine education service and we are going to create a gaming club to generate income from LAN Parties... this server is going to have serious hardware (Dual AthlonXP's and a T1), I'm on our technology board (student rep.!) so maybe I can talk the board into setting up a few servers....and we could host modsquad! just a thought, but it would work.

Oh ya, I can't believe this! I was registering on this forum ( I know, I know, I'm a staff member I should have been registered already) and SOMEONE has my name! Someone is using SUlfUR-CyCLoNe (I don't use the [U2] prefix anymore)! How poor is that.

-SUlfUR

[U2]-SUlfUR-CyCLoNe

The one, the only, RoboCock!..er, nm
Nov 29, 2001
Modesto, CA, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I don't like evil clones, they give off a strange umpa-lumpa vibe...kind of like Mini-Me.

Well, there's only one problem that I forgot to mention (for some mundane reason probably), this server won't be set up for probably another year to 2 years, so assuming ModSquad is still alive and assuming I'm stil on the staff maybe something will happen then. And once I get ADSL out here (the bastards at pac bell haven't gotten their fairy asses here yet :)) I might be able to host a dedicated server while I'm at school since I leave my computer on all the time. I don't know what the pings would be like though in a full 10 or 12 player room. We''ll see. Oh ya, no promises, but I'll try.

-SUlfUR

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Originally posted by {SOL}ist{ICE}
Yes, we coded the entire thing in-house so to speak. Glad you like it. :) Email me if you want some help.

tanx, i just might do that... its the best looking user review setup ive seen yet :) :tup:

{SOL}ist{ICE}

You got DNA on my boots. ;)
Oct 24, 2001
Canada
www.sol-interactive.com
glad you like it. :)

I'm pretty busy this week and most of next week what with helping Peter out with optimizing the current review system and helping my parents move (plus starting a new job on Monday). But after next week I shouldn't be as busy.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by Nemephosis

*shudder*

PU might have helped when the now-Beyondunreal-team was still running it, but I wouldn't look for Gamespy to help out the tiniest bit.

They axed Nalicity and I'm quite frankly surprised they haven't axed Modsquad yet for using BuF's forums. That's all the reason they would need in their eyes.

If that happens, Peter knows he has a home here on BeyondUnreal, assuming the site can be redone in PHP and mySQL (which it can).

Pete
-BeyondUnreal