UE1 - UT What exactly is sound dampening?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rajada

Jan 21, 2008
rajada.tumblr.com
I can't seem to find any articles or posts that mention what sound dampening actually is (in respect to the variable located in pawn), so I figured I would ask you guys for a definition in an attempt to help me out with the idea I have...

I have a weapon and when you get a headshot with it I just would really like it somehow affect the player's "hearing". It could be a deafening or a ringing or a pitch shift, just about anything, I just need to know if there are any variables per pawn that you all maybe know about that can help me do anything like that.

Rajada

Jan 21, 2008
rajada.tumblr.com
Ah, cool, good to know that. While we're on the subject, is there a function to play a sound only to an affected client? In other words so other pawns don't hear it?