Whats left of the UT community

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
I am offended by the comments and demand this thread to be locked.
The story about $hit splatterd toilets is however, perfectly acceptable.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
True honor is in being a log worth being honored, by God. That makes you best the best log ever. Ever.

Ci strats all up in this thread.

ALL HAIL ME, FOR I AM CRAP!

(Heavenly annointed crap that is.)

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
awww. I think Im going to head off to the crapper and name one for you big guy. :D

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
That comment was completely relevant. Who wouldn't want to hear my side of things.

I'm saving the story about the soft one that left streaks all over my bowl. It kinda look like a shock combo done in turds after I flushed.

does this count as "thread crapping" or the post above me?

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
There's more UT3 gameplay on the forums than in the game.
You guys only bunny jump using the rocket!

DGUnreal

Level Designer
May 22, 2006
hmmm...

I could care less if the game is bad or not.
... nor am i saying i have anything against UT3.

Short-term memory problems?? ;)
Your first post said this:

I bought UT3 on release day, and was really disappointed...

The game is just not fun.

Forum post flip-flop like this is pretty apparent trolling imho.
If you really don't care, then why make your first post.

These are "Unreal" forums, so of course there are going to be people here who like Unreal universe games. Were you expecting to find people who like some other game? Go to the Crysis forums and start calling the game bad and see what the response is there. It won't be any different.

As far as the dead horse thing... the first post in this thread didn't contain any startling new revelations about UT3, or a like/dislike opinion we haven't already heard, or anything actually constructive (positive or negative), just the usual: "I bought, I disliked, I uninstalled" that we have heard repetitively for over six months. That is why you received the replies that you did.

I was expecting gears of war with UT weapons, how kickas would that be?

It wouldn't be kickas at all... no offense to Epic but I don't like GoW at all. I could only get about half way through... Imho in the past few years the only really good sp fps has been FEAR followed by HL2.
Personally I'm glad the UT3 game is not like GoW-ified UT. I like UT just the way it is. I take each UT version on its own and I like each one for their own merits.

Point to note... you don't see me bashing GoW anywhere on any forums...
I didn't care for it, I moved on... other people like it, that is good for them.

... on how epic made all these statements and bragging in interviews, videos, and forum posts about how UT3 was going to be the game of all games. ...

Every person/group who creates something is going to have a positive feeling about it, whether it be books, movies, art, games, ... that doesn't mean that everyone else is going to share their same opinion about liking it. And it doesn't mean they lied if I don't share their opinion. There is plenty of movies that bombed that I really like, and others that were box office hits that I didn't like at all. But the writers/directors/actors liked their movie and told us on the Tonight Show that it is the blockbuster of the year... does that mean they lied?

1. Game is not fun. Some of you like it, but globally you are a minority.

Your opinion... you may wish to get into the habit of appending "IMO" to some comments in your posts... ;)
I doubt that the reason that everyone who isn't playing it is not playing it because they thought it wasn't fun. I'm sure there are more reasons than that as to why there is a percentage who aren't playing it.

On this same thought, the server player counts are essentially meaningless as to the game's popularity. The only true way to tell would be to look at the number of game logins. I only play UT3 LAN as I'm sure a percentage of others do. And there will be a lot of clans with custom servers that they are not public listing. Some of this reasoning is because of the number of juvenile players out there. That is the main reason why I rarely play any game online. But I LAN play UT3 quite often (multiple times a week). I also LAN play BF2142, ET:QW, Q3A, and others.

Just look through this topic, theres plenty of people just making accusations about me ... All without merit. Everything that ive said is the result of something ive read here.

Am I mistaken or were you not the person who started this thread? :)

I do see now that for the most part there is no conspiracy, but it does exist on some level.

(cue the dramatic conspiracy music...)

Cliffy_A

May 21, 2008
Then i go to the official UT3 forums read through some locked threads and see tons of people getting banned. Wow, not a great way to treat your customers,

That's nothing, we have even had WarTourist (Jeff Morris, the man responsible for killing UT, ie, producer of UT3) coming here, and noting the people who had bad things to say about Epic/UT3, checking their profiles, then going back to the official Epic forums, checking for matches in user names and profiles, then banning those people, lol, what a man!!, what a Company!!!, what a Game!!!! lol

Is this website ran by epic as well?

Well, thats debatable, it certainly gets a helping hand

If thats how it is now I wont be buying any more unreal titles.

Your not alone there buddy, your not alone there.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
No, we don't. This thread's sole purpose was trolling/baiting. And it ends here.

PS - And to clarify, this thread was closed because 1) the original post was addressed, 2) it was about to become a flame war, which we want to avoid, and 3) JD Farted

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Also, this site is not run or endorsed by Epic. Just to clear that up.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Just to note - Cliffy_C. was banned due to a mistake, but then proceeded to make a huge asshat of themselves instead of following the rules regarding bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.