Unreal Engine 4 Will “Exclusively Target the Next Console Generation”

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
[SAS]Solid Snake;2106916 said:
According to your logic, I argue that a fish and a cow are the same species.

Tuna maybe :p

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

_nFix
The styles vary but you are still editing lines of code and this is a similarity that I see and well not budge on,be thankfull you were not around when I had a sky/sea argument :p(I kid I kid)

_nFix

Mar 18, 2008
Tuna maybe :p

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

_nFix
The styles vary but you are still editing lines of code and this is a similarity that I see and well not budge on,be thankfull you were not around when I had a sky/sea argument :p(I kid I kid)

Well I tried.

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
[SAS]Solid Snake;2106956 said:
To bad your wrong.

For those who don't see my logic of how a fish == cow.

I can see a fish, I can also see a cow.
I can cook a fish, I can also cook a cow.
I can eat a fish, I can also eat a cow.

Therefore, fish == cow.
So their the same after all :p
AM AAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH.....ggaarrrrr mez hair is growing ><

Last edited:

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
Normally the argument if HTML and UScript are remotely similar should have been over after one post. They are NOT. FACT!

Trust me. I make my living from designing/formatting HTML pages and mainly from programming and/or scripting stuff liek interfaces, webgames/games and small applications for various companies.

EDIT:
ZippyDSMlee, please fulfill the following task to learn your lesson:

Write the following line a thousand times to any text document:
"HTML is a data format, not a programming language.

You are not allowed to use copy->paste.
You are allowed to use any programming language to write a loop that writes the above line 1000 times.
You are also allowed to try to do that in HTML.

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Writing source code does by no means equal programming.
For example, writing HTML source code is basically the same as using a tool like MS Word, StarWriter, WordPerfect or similar programs to design a document. A static thing. Nothing moves. You could print it out without losing any functionality. Approaching the document at the source code level just give you finer control about the layout.

Ok, let me put it this way:
If you manage to code Tetris entirely in a single HTML document (without using any other languages like JavaScript, Cascading Stylesheets, etc.), then I'd be willing to accept HTML as a programming language. Or another example: Write a HTML "program" that prints out its own source code. That sort of stuff is really possible in UnrealScript (with some effort and a few tricks), but definitely not in HTML. But until you manage to do either example in HTML, stop acting like an idiot and don't call HTML something it really isn't. You're fooling yourself if you put UnrealScript on the same level as HTML because it clearly isn't.