UT2004 - SkinPack - Ultimate Collection Complete (Final) by klasnic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think of this SkinPack?

• :tup:

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • :con:

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • :tdown:

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
@ Venuswarrior maybe some day hehe ;)

@ SkullCrusher thanks and... it's a pity I didn't finish Darth Maul but never say never. He might make an appearance some time given 2k7 won't be out for a while yet ;)

Sorry for the delay in replying too. Some construction workers knocked out all the lines here last week and I had no internet access :)

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Black Kronos? He shouldn't have black skulls. This is how he looks in game for me;

[SCREENSHOT]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7781/kaangpreview45qs.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

The skulls are on the alpha channel so I'm guessing it has something to do with your video card? If you look at Sidonius/Haidar's face does it have black tubes coming out of it? It shouldn't as it's alphaed out but could point to your card (sounds like a similar problem to what you had with Hide's models) :)

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
:eek: That's weird. You can also see the hidden character in the name. Are you patched to the latest version? If you want me to colour the skulls and post it I will during the week if it's any good to you. Something tells me if you've got an older video card my skins and Hide's models might be a bit much for it given we like to fancy them up Kronos :)

[EDIT] I remember someone using an older GeForce posting some pics of some early skins of mine and they couldn't even see the portraits properly. He didn't meet min requirements for the game itself at the time.

TBH you really need GeForce3+ for low-normal detail settings and later DX8/9 cards for normal-high settings to even run the game properly ;)

Last edited:

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
I could be wrong but I think that the alpha channels (dxt/dds) were part of directX 8 so if your video card is older it might not be able to display anything that relied on the alpha channels, the animated effects have probably been around a bit longer so they displayed ok for you.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Continuum said:
I could be wrong but I think that the alpha channels (dxt/dds) were part of directX 8 so if your video card is older it might not be able to display anything that relied on the alpha channels, the animated effects have probably been around a bit longer so they displayed ok for you.

You've got it in one, Continuum. DXT1 compressed textures with 1 bit alpha (at least) can't be displayed properly on older video cards...

Unreal Developer Network said:
DXT1 is a four-bit compressed color format that allows for opaque, and one-bit alpha textures; that is, textures with no transparency at all, and textures with a single transparent color. A hardware bug in all nVidia chipsets, including the NV20 (GeForce3), potentially makes DXT1 textures gross and ugly. Specifically, decompression is performed in 16-bit color mode internally, making the resulting texture potentially unacceptable for use, especially when combined with other operations. Test your DXT1 textures on nVidia hardware before committing to their use. All other DXTC formats on nVidia hardware are okay, as textures are decompressed in 32-bit color internally.
Of course this only applies to pre DX8/9 cards :)

Last edited:

AizenSA

The Divine Tyrant
Dec 8, 2005
Geonosis
www.myspace.com
klasnic said:
Dmitri - I remember many people telling me how it reminded them of the Matrix for whatever reason. I never actually saw that, as it was really inspired by Shinzon in Star Trek Nemesis (the slick, oily look). Howerver, the comments on the Matrix prompted me to make a different version called Ghost recently which again is still sitting here gathering dust.

It reminds them of the matrix becuase the coloring and textures you used for his legs looks like something that would be one the matrix which is cool.:D :lol:

score 9.7 from me

Kronos1000 said:

thats what it looks for me too (well a little better becuase of various patches that was installed)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I also thought of adding your great theme to the review ;)

btw, Jailbreak is a great gametype, I`m loving it since original UT

klasnic said:
...There will be a surprise in the not too distant future if you really like that one and the Matrix ;)
surprises are always kewl :p

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I only thought of the theme the other day MäxX when I was posting here. Uhh and I still never got around to taking the pics I meant to now that I think of it uuh :)

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
klasnic said:
There ya go, Random - http://www.planetjailbreak.com/ I can't beleive you've never seen it.. One of the best mods out there :2thumb:

Thanks, added to the rest, I've got a large back catalouge of stuff to install and try (I make it a habit to leave uninstalled mods in Firefox's download manager, then I wont forget to try anything.) The thing I must try 1st is the new version of BW and a map and some models, then down to Jailbreak.

Last edited: