What would you do in this situation?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Old School

Nov 29, 2000
Visit site
I'm playing Face this morning...I'm in the enemy tower holed up in the upper room with the rifles and ammo. Lo and behold my teammate pops in with the enemy flag. He proceeds to take out his hammer and jack everyone trying to come into the room. I just stay in one spot with my rifle only to watch my teammate get sniped from somewhere across the way.

Should I have shielded him with my body, only to be killed myself? I had no idea how long he was gonna stay there and hammer away. I took the flag and was quickly killed myself. Btw, I have never seen the tactic he used in used before but it looked pretty sweet.

Old School

hobart_paving

May 30, 2000
Visit site
obviously your teammate doesn't know how to piston camp properly. the best way to camp the top portal on face is to crouch behind the portal and aim your piston up into it. if he got sniped, he was probably standing up in front of the portal. nothing more annoying that a portal camper who doesn't know how to do it properly. :D

and if i were you, i would have charged up my own piston and pushed him back through the portal. i hate piston camping bastards. hehe.

Old School

Nov 29, 2000
Visit site
correct

You are correct...he was facing the portal.

Piston camping? Thanks, I didn't didn't know the name for that until now.

Old School

Slick_Willy

Anyone Else Want Some?
actually this type of piston camping is a smart tactic. I've seen it used before and is a real pain in the ass. You switch to piston and charge up while grabing the flag. You can then proceed out one of the teleports and quickly turn around and Piston camp for about 5 seconds just incase the enemy follow you and they usually do. Take out the followers and then continue on with the flag. Just sitting and piston camping for no reason is of course lame but I would have to disagree the lameness of this tactic. Now if you just grabbed the flag and piston camped from that point on then it would lame but if you use it to defend yourself while getting away with the flag then I don't see a problem

Insecta

Insectacidal
Jun 9, 2000
Switzerland
I do this on Coret too; grab the flag, whip out the piston, run up the elevator and turn round. Of course, there are usually shock h0's behind you, but sometimes they're arn't. Same tactic, and I personally don't find it that lame. If you have the flag, you are doing something.

optic_freeze

Frozen Solid
Jul 28, 2000
Somewhere In Time
Why didn't the jackass just take the flag back to your base?! Too bad team damage wasn't set because, personally, I would've just blown his head off and ran with the loot....