Do you think ut2004 will increase # of players?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Mine too, and IMO DM-Tundra is still one of the finest maps in Deathmatch history...not only could you spend hours fooling the sniper into getting him/herself killed, but there was such a mix of areas to visit! I hope someone makes a remake for UT2k3....but a little larger and perhaps more than one tower.

BTW, I used to play on MPlayer LOL That was what got me interested in the "gateway" technology of the Unreal Engine. I still remember people suiciding in that map till they were at like -790 kills and wondering what the draw of suiciding in a gateway map was....

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
Mine too, and IMO DM-Tundra is still one of the finest maps in Deathmatch history......

I hate to disagree but Tundra was the worst example of controlling the map by camping.

Anyone with the slightest amount of skill could get into the top of the tower and cluster rockets down the shaft and win the map, it was damn near impossible to frag them from the bottom, you couldn't get up the elevator and they had 4 canisters of rockets at their disposal.

I liked that map alot at first but online it was awful if you had a skilled camper.

cvydas

Jun 29, 2003
Bangor,Maine
i couldnt agree more with Hanover. i did not like Dm-Tundra for a lot of reasons. too cold :(

Does anyone remember Dm-Sinfonia, now that was a good Dm map. i would like to see that one done for ut2k3 and ut2k4.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm almost always over annoyed with camping on DM...but for some reason it was alot of fun on Tundra trying to take the tower, probably because all the other people in the game would ally with you to try to do it lol

But notice for the remake I said it should be quite a bit larger and have more than one tower... This type of map would be a complete waste in UT2003 because of how easy it is to kill someone (comparitively to u1). An area appr. 4 times larger with four towers set back into the mountains more with paths leading through the mountains to the towers levels as well as lifts up to the top would probably make the map alot more enjoyable in 2003.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I know I'm just trying to pass hints to an unknown mapper to make something like this ;);)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I know that's why I didn't specify you and said "some unknown mapper" lol :)

Maybe if you have time later or get bored though. I could draw you up an extremely poor schematic of what I mean if it would help...meaning any mapper.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Tundra... my first Unreal multiplayer experience. What I remember about it most was trying to play it with the original Unreal netcode and finding myself in a very pretty slideshow. :D

Nice to see you post around here again Checker. Loved your BP map. Sparky and I have had a few 1 on 1's in that one. Scaling never seemed to be much of an issue with your maps for some reason.

Bottom line on this one... I hope that people who have already dismissed 2003 and are too stubborn to try it in its current patched state will find themselves picking up the shiny new 2004 box from the retail shelves and joining us all online.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Hal said:
Bottom line on this one... I hope that people who have already dismissed 2003 and are too stubborn to try it in its current patched state will find themselves picking up the shiny new 2004 box from the retail shelves and joining us all online.

Amen to that :) :tup:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I tried it in it's current patched state (2225 right?)
Still didn't really work for me...
It's not bad, but it's not really appealing either.
But I'm still keeping an eye on progress though. Who knows...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well at least you aren't one of the ones who never even gave it a chance after hearing the complaints.