9999 server bug

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ineffectual

May 31, 2000
students.washington.edu
Our server is generally always up, but sometimes it shows in the list as having 9999 but you can still get to it from doing open location. It's running CSHP 4.0 I think but has been doing this for awhile. Has anyone else run into this problem?

'Fect

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by Ineffectual
Our server is generally always up, but sometimes it shows in the list as having 9999 but you can still get to it from doing open location. It's running CSHP 4.0 I think but has been doing this for awhile. Has anyone else run into this problem?

'Fect

when a server for some reason can't relly respond but is still there the numbers max out,im not sure if it can be fixed but the times it happens is:

1.switching maps (mentioned above)

2.reloading maps (mentioned above)

3.starting up

4.shutting down perhaps?

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Did you happen to add it to your favs by typing the text address out or did you use the IP number? I noticed with a few text based server addresses, that it would appear like that in my favs.

Ineffectual

May 31, 2000
students.washington.edu
Well I checked for that bangin' but it seems to be doing it right now and the server should be up. (Yes BTW I'm talking about bms.) It does it all the time whether or not it's changing maps. Seems like it'll be alright for a couple of days then do this on and off for a couple of days. It might be because it's a linux server, but I don't think we have this problem with our other server which is also linux. That server doesn't run CSHP so that's why I was looking in that direction.

'Fect

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
OMG, I just thought that BMS has been down all this time. Grrrr, I could have been playing there instead of all those llama servers.

Well, now at least I know to click on BMS even if it appears to be down. I have no idea what is causing this though Ineff. :(

Ineffectual

May 31, 2000
students.washington.edu
open location is a menu option under the "multiplayer" tab. You put an ip address in there and it attempts to connect to that server. BMS is server02.cosmicmonstersinc.com or 209.185.200.172

'Fect

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
I pinged up the CTF servers last night and saw it listed. It looked fine and I even jumped on to play. Unfortunately I got beat down and didn't catch the license plate on the trucks that ran me over, since EVERYONE was aliasing! LOL! :D Am I the only one who still plays UT with his real UT name? Maybe I would save myself the embarrassment by aliasing too. ;)

My new alias will be

I_DO_NOT_B_BANGIN