ATI HD 4870 Benchmarks... WOW!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Ouch, that was a difficult read and I'm not sure what the point made is. Anyway, I'm still going for an ati card. I can't really justify the price of the 8800GT or higher seeing they're part of the last generation and these new cards seem comparatively cheap. PhysX is fancy but it's optional and I'm not too happy about investing in proprietary technology.

Last edited:

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
[Snarf];2151546 said:
I wish a 1GB version of the 4870 was available. I can't wait much longer, and I really don't want to buy an nvidia card.

no need to take 1go version , the GDDR5 is already performing well with 512mo ;) ( it even beats gtx260 wich is 448bits bus , while the 4870 is only 256bit )