Maybe a demo guys?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i think he is talking about a prerelease demo style mod of utxmp ;) if u get my drift, just to get people hooked.

Origim

Aug 18, 2004
Actually, that is a good idea. Release a one-map demo... just like Unreal 2's XMP-Garden demo (just remember to stick "DEMO" tag everywhere so no one thinks it's full). :)

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
This will also give those 56kers a chance to get a feel of the game when its in a small file size. They may not want to download a 300mb file not knowing what it will be like. If they see that its awesome, then they will download the full version, regardless if it takes them all week :D

jankster

Jun 2, 2000
it would be great to have a demo as long as it didnt slow up progress on full release...u2 xmp was very addictive and great fun

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
it should not, because the full release will have all of what is in the demo, but the demo does not need to be extremely stable ;)

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
It wouldnt be a demo really anyway, more like a alpha or beta.

All the mod teams need to release a beta or whatever a good while before the deadline so that changes and fixes can be made and the full thing can be made on time, some mod teams *cough* FO *cough* need to learn this more than others. Usually it wouldnt matter but the msuc contestants have a deadline they need to be ready by, so its a better idea to be as ready and complete as possible so that you dont have to cut it close then make up excuses as to why lol.....