CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008

I bet he's good, but I can't tell from the fragmovie. There was actually a thread about this recently on the Quake Live forums. People overdoing the effects, time-warping and other post-processing.

For instance, while there were some shots in that movie that were pretty well done, for most of them I couldn't distinguish them from something I'd do every ordinary match. Especially in a game like CoD where the 'cool' frags aren't necessarily hard or out of the ordinary like airrockets or LG juggling in Quake or Shock Combo's in UT, messing with the timing and speed of the video just completely destroys the frags.

Example: Four headshots in a row. Wow. Cool, I guess.
I can do that. With 2 second pauses between each shot. And on stationary targets, most probably.
What would make it cool (and something I *can't* do regularly) is if he did that really fast, one after the other, or without UAV. With the current editing, I just can't tell. Hell, most of the time I can't even see the target before he shoots it.

TL;DR: I wish people would stop making fragmovies to make themselves look awesome and superpro, and actually make fragmovies that show off good frags.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I bet he's good, but I can't tell from the fragmovie. There was actually a thread about this recently on the Quake Live forums. People overdoing the effects, time-warping and other post-processing.

For instance, while there were some shots in that movie that were pretty well done, for most of them I couldn't distinguish them from something I'd do every ordinary match. Especially in a game like CoD where the 'cool' frags aren't necessarily hard or out of the ordinary like airrockets or LG juggling in Quake or Shock Combo's in UT, messing with the timing and speed of the video just completely destroys the frags.

Example: Four headshots in a row. Wow. Cool, I guess.
I can do that. With 2 second pauses between each shot. And on stationary targets, most probably.
What would make it cool (and something I *can't* do regularly) is if he did that really fast, one after the other, or without UAV. With the current editing, I just can't tell. Hell, most of the time I can't even see the target before he shoots it.

TL;DR: I wish people would stop making fragmovies to make themselves look awesome and superpro, and actually make fragmovies that show off good frags.

Most of that is done by him, the frags atleast. It is hard to pull the stuff he does off, i have tried quick scoping like that but end up scoping, unscoping, scoping...that's a no no.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Lay off the special effects and stupid ass music and just show us the frags for christ sake. Why do people have to do this crap?

Or just show us a real ****in match. This is why Starcraft 1 and 2 games with commentary will always be way more entertaining than this crap. The guy probably sucks too.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Thread bump.

skorpionvz61765.jpg

Skorpion ****ing owns in normalcore even. Only problem is the reloading time/clip size.
MW2 ACR-like recoil, decent range, makes people go WTF at you and call you a no recoil hack. :)

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Thread bump.

skorpionvz61765.jpg

Skorpion ****ing owns in normalcore even. Only problem is the reloading time/clip size.
MW2 ACR-like recoil, decent range, makes people go WTF at you and call you a no recoil hack. :)

The gun is awful, the stats are awful, and the sights are awful.

You just think it makes you look cool to use it. Which in most cases is true.

I can out play any skorpian kiddie with a WEEL gun.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The gun is awful, the stats are awful, and the sights are awful.

You just think it makes you look cool to use it. Which in most cases is true.

The gun is hilarious, the stats are good except for the penetration and clipsize, and the sights are good. I'm not saying it's better than a MP5, I just love this gun right now because it makes people go WTF. And sometimes putting night vision on is set just for some extra lol's.

If you want a weapon with terrible sights go for the M14 or M60.
I'm sick of AK's and the rest, It's more rewarding to get a decent ration with bad weapons me find.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I like using the Hard Scope M140. I also <3 using the w1200.

Skorpian is one of the few guns with no fast reload so I hate using it.

Mar 6, 2004
I uninstalled this game over a week ago...i'm done cod4 even if Blackops is a flop.

I lies, lol.

Anyway i have a problem. I have a 24 inch widescreen dell 8 MS monitor (well, 2 of them) and since i installed windows 7 over again i can't play cod in widescreen anymore. It just shows up in full screen when using the lower resolution i was using (1380x768 or w/e and 16:10 aspect ratio). Does anyone know how i can play cod4 in widescreen again? i can't stand playing call of duty using the whole monitor, it feels SOOOO SLOW moving, and aiming. I need to use the stretch screen feature (widescreen). Here are my specs if you need them.

http://www.xfire.com/profile/pinkeye420/

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Update graphics card drivers and check Dell's support site for any special driver for the monitor?

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Didn't you move out of your parents house? How about you take the next step and do something other than play computer games all the time.