UE3 - UT3 Environment Crashing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Evilpanda

Jan 22, 2011
So I have been working with the Unreal Editor for school for a couple months now, but suddenly whenever I try and work on a map that uses UN terrain2 my editor will crash. Doesn't matter if I use my laptop, Desktop, or a school computer. I got my copy from steam, and have tried to reinstall, re download, and nothing will fix it. If anyone has a solution that is helpful, I would be most appreciated

Panda

guitarxe

Dec 8, 2010
I can't help you with anything technical, but it seems to me that somewhere along the road your map became corrupt. You need to roll-back to an older version that works and go from there. (You did keep tons of backup, right?)

When you do, before you start anything try to find what it was that caused your map to corrupt in the first place, so if you think it's that terrain then add it to the map, save under a new name, and try that. If it's giving you the same problems then you know that's what is causing it. If not, then add something else that you can remember adding to the map prior to the crash.

Do this one step at a time so you know exactly what it was that caused the problem. It might even have been a freak chance and you might end up rebuilding your map step by step with no crash this time around.

I hope this helps you get back on your feet.

Odedge

Keeper of Tutorials
May 26, 2009
www.odedge.com
It could be a corrupted map or maybe a corrupted asset in the map.

Also, do a search for a duplicate .upk file. Sometimes, when you do certain things to assets in a package, the editor things you are making a new one.

When you close the editor, it will ask you if you want to save the changes. If you say "yes", since the package is cooked, it can't save it, but will create a new one instead. Thus, causing problems.

If this is the case, make sure your map is no longer referencing that duplicate asset and it's only referencing the stock one. Then, save your map, close the editor, and delete the duplicate package.