Infiltration CE update: what needs doing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pusha

Aug 21, 2012
Infiltration Recycler

Hello,

I am a freelance video game maker working with UT99.

I played a lot Infiltration on local server with bots.

Your mod deals immersive military gameplay and heavy prised 3d work.

I prefer Norwich, Flagstaff, ManorFarm, Peru on deathmatch, not whole

maps or rules suits best the bots.

Weaponry is the finest gift you enjoyed my youth.

I am able to use Inf content in my own UT capitalized writing, I might

save enough time to produce satisfying Actors, Levels and Sound.

Due to joy I had with Infiltration, I am asking for a Inf Team reply.

Conglomera

Proud Toilet Cleaner
Sep 7, 2001
Algiers, Algeria
I'm not in the Inf dev team, nor I can speak on its behalf... but I'm pretty sure that it would be ok as long as you provide written credits along with your release that goes to Sentry Studios and to third party developers like Inf mod team if you plan to use some of their creations as well.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Nice to hear from you Psychomorph, I've been messing a bit with the CE last week, we gonna have a LAN on next Thursday though. Loved the bunch of new weapons and skins, but I wonder if is it's just me - or Beppo's aimview is indeed causing clipping problem with weapons new textures when fully aimed ? If so, is there any workaround like using another rendering driver or something (tried ENB and latest UTGLR) ? As for IBT I'm sad to say that I forgot almost everything on how to code in UT and wonder if I'd recover anything from having a look at it again, you know when real life matters tend to sweep many cool things in which you had interest in the past... and frankly, do you think it's still worth to give it another go ? Anyway, I've been watching for Ground Branch lately, it looks very promising but think that people at BFS should release more media in order to get more followers ; and the sooner the better... people believe in what they see.

Yes, AimView does clip through. I guess it was never really optimised.

Not sure if it is worth spending time with a mutator for INF anymore, better put it to better use and play INF online. :D

I'm also looking forward to Ground Branch, but it's future is uncertain at this point.
ArmA3 is the only short term solution that I see for my self right now. I'm sick of wanting to play some realisitc games and find empty servers in INF, no co-op matches in Ghost Recon, etc. ArmA3 will have enough populated servers so I could play at different times.

Man, I'd really love to play some good EAS games in INF, like we used to do, but it is just impossible now.

@Pusha:
There is no real INF team anymore, but Beppo is still reading this forum sometimes (he is the lead-coder on the INF team). You can write him a PM with your questions.

Pusha

Aug 21, 2012
new weapons ideas are generally disregarded

I wish to receive some supply.

I played again some local Inf games those days, servers list report there are not populated, enjoyed Installation TDM & hard training general bots.

If you are open minded to help me use Inf in a new plan, I am French about what I choosed to live with minimum revenue to have plain time on it.

Teenager, school duties wasted properlly any independant idea.

I am looking for Infiltration models and code, there is no profit to do twice the same thing when yours is fair : I am not a soldier clone of Linus.

My UT project forms at this time a single map : larger than those made on older computers. Time is earned on the human side whereas new cpu

sleep while I wonder I am able to include your models into my virtual world. 100% Reworking one of Inf texture is faster than give a 100% new 1.

I created an early paused Half-Life mod but this obsolete engine don't carry 64bits support and so many entities, so I stored previous design to

use with UT99. I began the AKxx model from pictures, but I never shot the real, whatever you collected precious data. Talent is not truth.

Last edited:

Pusha

Aug 21, 2012
Hello,

You know that I am "in progress", wich means that I manage various project in the same time. Even if I pause a task for a while, I will resume later, thinking about life time development. Ideally, growing a map with Infiltration weapons is on my way, but doing it to add content to the original mod is not same team.

~viper~

lo
Jun 15, 2004
MA
Pusha,

this game died a long time ago. My last visit to these forums was in 2006, and already it was beginning to die (people were moving to COOP-only play, etc.)

the weapons, complete with their bullet trajectories, sounds, and physics, were at one point painstakingly developed and argued upon, but those days are long gone. Ah, I remember when the M16A4 had just come out, and the M4A1, and the AKMS... it was all so beautiful...