Infiltration CE update: what needs doing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

seththeblack

Dec 24, 2008
I kinda had the idea of a "Infiltration: Complete".

My ideas for it:

BASICS

-Integrate the features from the True Scale mutator and make sure it doesn't conflict with rolling grenades.

-Change first person weapon positions. Pistols should be further away from your view so you see your forearms and also a little to the centre. In fact, most of the weapons ought to be centred but some of the shotguns and SMGS's should be closer to view.

-Add wound effects. When shot the screen shakes lightly for a moment but shaking gets heavier and longer based on your health level. Heartbeat sounds and hearing impairment too.

-Bleeding. How much blood you lose depends on the severity of your wounds.
Bandages won't heal health anymore but stop bleeding instead.

-Suppresion effects inspired from BF2's Project Reality. If any bullets or explosions hit close to you, the screen shakes and your hearing gets dulled for a bit.

-Being able to climb high ledges by jumping and holding down the JUMP key.

WEAPONS
-H&K MP7
Eotech sight, sound suppressor, 20 and 40 round magazines.

-The FN SCAR series

-M32 MGL Grenade Launcher
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M32_MGL

-M79 Grenade Launcher

-FN F2000

-USP pistol

-Glocks

-More revolvers like the Raging Bull.

-SPAS 12 and USAS 12 Shotguns... And a Pancor Jackhammer.

-Add Eotech reflex sights to almost all of the Assault Rifles.

-Reduce the knifes "firing rate".

-RPG-7

MUTATORS

-The mag checking mut should've been in with CE.

AI

-Should know how to use grenades!

-Can use bandages when bleeding (or if bleeding cant be implemented, just severely wounded).

-Not pick up every weapon they come by. If they already have a primary weapon and side arm. All they will need to pick up are grenades and ammo unless they have enough.

OTHER

-A SINGLE-PLAYER campaign! Wanna discuss that?

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
...it's times like these I'd just want to get into a corner and cry.. or shout.. or shoot something.

Just in case the rather low forum activity didn't make it clear enough: Inf is NOT being developed. It's been like this for a few years now. So unless you have a nice development team and can get SentryStudios to give you a permit to continue development the above list is not going to happen.

To further clarify: the purpose of the CE is to have a package that contains commonly used mutators, so people who make a fresh install or just try Inf don't have to search for ages to find all those little muties used. The CE is NOT a further development per se.

And since I already had a bad day: the Pancor Jackhammer doesn't exist (in Inf terms). There were ~2 prototypes build, Inf weapons should be in active service or at least available in reasonable numbers (and yeah, I don't like the OICW neither).

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
I kinda had the idea of a "Infiltration: Complete".

My ideas for it:

*sigh*

double-facepalm.jpg

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Would it be hard to make a mutator that will make AI stop picking everything up though?

IMO bandages should be removed, at least from standard games. There's practically no realistic way to implement them, and they have no place in multimut nor on the servers. You can always include their mutator in COOP servers if you think it's really necessary for gameplay, but should be kept off of TDM/DTAS (/EAS for that matter) and out of multimut (since multimut is supposed to pack up the *good* mutators).

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
...it's times like these I'd just want to get into a corner and cry.. or shout.. or shoot something.

Just in case the rather low forum activity didn't make it clear enough: Inf is NOT being developed. It's been like this for a few years now. So unless you have a nice development team and can get SentryStudios to give you a permit to continue development the above list is not going to happen.

To further clarify: the purpose of the CE is to have a package that contains commonly used mutators, so people who make a fresh install or just try Inf don't have to search for ages to find all those little muties used. The CE is NOT a further development per se.

And since I already had a bad day: the Pancor Jackhammer doesn't exist (in Inf terms). There were ~2 prototypes build, Inf weapons should be in active service or at least available in reasonable numbers (and yeah, I don't like the OICW neither).
It's so nice to have my own PR representative ;).

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
No ... The rest was just too much to quote ...

It's just that you're person number 4200 to come up with a long list of idea's for this game 5 years too late ...

BTW Carpet, the first thing I thought of when I read the post was your last facepalm pic - but this one's even better

I considered using that picture ... But I wouldn't want to repeat myself ...
(The other was a bigger fail than this one though ... About the biggest fail you can get in INF actually ...)

Last edited:

seththeblack

Dec 24, 2008

It's just that you're person number 4200 to come up with a long list of idea's for this game 5 years too late ...

I considered using that picture ... But I wouldn't want to repeat myself ...
(The other was a bigger fail than this one though ... About the biggest fail you can get in INF actually ...)

So then why are we still discussing what needs improvement>

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Yeah, the point of the thread is what needs doing when it comes to making INF with all its existing additions easier to install and start playing, not about programming new stuff into INF, even though they would be very much needed - this mod is unfortunately dead development-wise and had been so for a very long time, but some people still play it and new people who may want to try it (if only just to see what the awesomeness is all about :)) would have a very hard time to actually play it (at least online and/or with the mutators), so a CE installation that will take care of all of it is something worth working on.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site

Plus new weapon suggestions are a big no-no for old forum members - I remember the times when newbies suggesting new weapons for Inf were immediately engulfed in a flood of flamy posts, kinda like a witchhunt. Ahhh, those where the times..

Yeah, the TDM suggestion was probably worth a quadruple..

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
Muhahaha
Hmmm i have a idea for mut. For every time you get fragged, you hear "Facepalm" "Doublefacepalm" "Ultrafacepalm" and so on :D

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
:eek:

OMG, this is really taking some ugly turns. I wonder what's next. Perhaps a request for a female player model in a flecktarn bikini?

If only creating another version of the CE was as simple as zipping up your UT directory. Since it is not, be prepared for more turns in the road ;)

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Well... you're not far off. I've pretty much abandoned the idea of a one-size-fits-all installer, so all it needs is one data archive (self-extracting perhaps) and one config archive for fresh installs, along with a bit of documentation describing how to launch the game. Main issues for me are upload bandwidth and, since I've now taken on a rather large project (three guesses ;)), time.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
I've pretty much abandoned the idea of a one-size-fits-all installer

Why? This should(tm) be possible, hell, my current INF install can run on Windows and FreeBSD without changing anything!

I don't mind doing some legwork for the INF CE (*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*) ...

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Well, the two reasons for using an installer are to create shortcuts, which isn't really a big problem, and to update ini files without completely rewriting them. I've been trying to use the NSIS installer, and found an add-on that supposedly handled ini files in the necessary format, but it had all sorts of trouble with the sections and with repeated items like ServerPackages. Trouble is, I don't have time to either sort out that add-on or find a new (and ideally free) install system that would do the job, and since Mac and Linux users will need catering for as well the easiest way to cover all 3 is to have one archive.